Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, today here in Quebec -4°C with snow.
Start the truck and went do some shopping. Few start/stop later I remark that my windows start to fog. Push vent knob at maximum and hear strange sound. The fan is blowing hard but there is no air comming from vent. Tried every button Vent, feet, defrost, A/C, Recirc etc... Sitll not much air comming front vent.

Shut down the truck, start again. Same problem.

At home I remove the glovebox and reach the cabin air filter. Take it out everythnig look fine but filtrer kind of dark. Since it's the firts time I see it It could have been normal for me. Start the blower again without the filter to see if everything is normal and oh.... Got some air. Everything seem to work ok now.

SO I look at the filter more closely, put my finger on the back side and Voilà... Filter is completely wet?

What can cause that? I llok at my cabine air intake near the base of the windshield and it's look good to me.

Where did I get all that water in the filter?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
MaxRidgeline09,

This topic has come up before. I can't find the exact post but hopefully the OP or another member will chime in...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did try to search but without any success.
My native langage is french and sometimes the good "keywords" are missing...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Found it but the initial problem was water in the glove compartment. You want to follow it to see what the OP has discovered.

Water In Glovebox!?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No water in the glovebox on my side.
I did find a new one in a Canadian Tire (Saturday).
install it and now everything work as suppose to.

I will run my truck for few days and will look at it again to see if the filter become wet again.

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
As listed above, I have had a similar issue with a 300zx I used to won. The problem turned out to be a clog in the drain hose from he heater/ac. Easy fix.

:)

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (successor to 2010 Dark Cherry Pearl RTL)
1,207 Posts
Good thing you knew to look at the cabin filter…I can see a combination of circumstances where the filter is badly clogged, the air flow is reduced, it's cold outside, the A/C is off, and the moisture backs up against the filter.

Hope things keep moving, mon ami.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts