Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I completed the first maintenance task on my new-to-me '07 Ridgeline: cabin air filter change. Took a grand total of 10 minutes (thanks to all the helpful instructions here on ROC) and made a huge improvement in air flow. From the looks of the old filter, I would say it was slightly overdue :)

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,871 Posts
That's pretty nasty!

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,594 Posts
When I replaced my cabin filter recently it looked very much like yours. It had been about 2 years and was a wake up call that it should be done much more often.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Cabin filters are about the most-frequently-replaced items on my vehicles. Sand, dust, leaves, flies and bees, spiders... they're just FULL of crud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New owner myself. Where is this filter and what filter media did you use? TIA
Cabin filter is behind the glove box. There's a good how to post on the forum about changing it. I used a TYC filter from Rock Auto online - about $8 shipped.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine was nasty at 3 years and 23K.

If you have not done the service before, you have to put some force into getting those clips loose. The first time I did this on my CRV, I thought that I had broken them.

I got my filter from NAPA auto parts.

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
I replace mine when the MM tells me to. They're not so much dirty as they are black - likely particulates from all the diesel trucks I'm behind on my commutes to and from work each day.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,871 Posts
I think some are charcoal impregnated which also makes them look black.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,594 Posts
The one that I installed a couple of years ago was pure virgin white when installed and looked pretty much like the OP's filter when I removed it a month or so ago. This includes the leaves etc too. . . .Blower performance is markedly better since the replacement. I'm thinking I might need to do it every 6 months!

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
I think some are charcoal impregnated which also makes them look black.
I've tried a few of those activated carbon, sodium bicarbonate, and grape seed polyphenol filters over the years. They work well for the first few minutes that air is flowing through them after which their odor reduction capability dramatically decreases. I've found them to be mostly gimmicks (hardly different than home "air purifiers") and won't buy one unless it's the same price or less than a standard filter - even then, I prefer the OEM filter for its balance of quality, effectiveness, fit, and price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts