Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...opic=2598&st=0

Perhaps some of you guys and gals would like to chime in on this thread. I understand that the link I mentioned is a pro GM site. But I am interested in your thoughts on that site with regard to your likes and dislike about the Ridgline.

Ie

1) Did your cross shop other pickup and which one?
2) Did you buy it just because it is a Honda?
3) Are you a typical BOF pick up truck person?
4) Did you trade in a typical Body on Frame truck.
5) How did the Ridgline fill your daily needs?

I think you get the idea. Though I regularly post over at the site I mentioned, I am pretty level headed about the auto business and do not favor any one manufacturer. But, your views would be appreciated by me. I am not looking to start a war but get good discussion on the reasons why the Ridgline appeales to you and put real data out there. If your read my comments on the tread I posted, you will see my opinion of the Ridgline. Or just post on this thread and I will post a link on cheersandgears.com

·
Registered
774 Posts
evok said:

Perhaps some of you guys would like to chime in on this thread. I understand that the link I mentioned is a pro GM site. But I am interested in your thoughts on that site with regard to your likes and dislike about the Ridgline.

Ie

I think you get the idea. Though I regularly post over at the site I mentioned, I am pretty level headed about the auto business and do not favor any one manufacturer. But, your views would be appreciated by me. I am not looking to start a war but get good discussion on the reasons why the Ridgline appeales to you and put real data out there. If your read my comments on the tread I posted, you will see my opinion of the Ridgline. Or just post on this thread and I will post a link on cheersandgears.com
1. Wanted a Dodge Ram 1500
2.No, but that helped!!!
3. NO
4.No ( Saturn Vue )
5. I'm in medical sales and I carry a lot of implants and instruments with me to various accounts. Need space. I bought mine on 8/20 and today turned 7435 miles. Drive a lot and I want comfort while I pass the time waiting on the wonderful San Diego Freeways. But the best part is that IT LOOKS REALLY COOOOOOOL.:D

·
Registered
349 Posts
1. Yes 2005 Chevy Silverado, 05 Tacoma. (Colorado was NOT considered)
2. Not initially, curiosity made me drive one. If my chevy or the new chevy drove like it I would have gotten chevy.
3. I have had trucks all my life.
4. Yes 2000 Chevy Silverado.
5. Well, my chevy avg 12 mpg. I had storage up under the rear seat, until I hit the brake and it came sliding out. The in bed trunk gives me somewhere secure for cargo and tools.The V6 is good, however the 5.3L is missed occasionally. I am just so dissappointed with the quality level of GM. There are no squeaks, rattles and creaks that I had just gotten used im my Silv. This truck is just so damn impressive when you drive it. I have clients in my vehicle. Clients comment on how nice this truck is. No one ever commented on my Silv. My Chevy dealer could care less about service, My Honda dealer gives me car washes, tires for life of vehicle. They make me feel that they actually care about my satisfaction. My Silverado carried 5, Ridge carries 5. The Ridge has safety ratings and features that Chevy is yet to put on truck.
Front Airbags, Side Airbags, Curtain Airbags, rollover sensor, Vehicle Stability Assist. 4 Wheel independent Suspension, 4 wheel independent Braking, 5 STAR FRONT and SIDE Crash Rating. I love Chevy but i and my family are in a SAFER, MORE RELIABLE, MORE RESPECTED and HIGHER Reselling Brand.

·
Registered
802 Posts
1. No, never considered another truck or car after the first time I looked at a Ridgeline.
2.No, never owned a Honda in my life. Always European cars.
3.I had to think for a minute what BOF meant, so I guess 'no'. :) I saw the cut-away of the Ridgeline at the USGP and it impressed the hell out of me-almost looked 'overbuilt'.
4.No, traded in a Mercedes. I am so not a *truck* guy-my friends can't believe I have a truck now.
5.I haven't even had to use the bed yet. With the way the rear seats fold up, I've put 6 very large boxes back there and a couple more in the trunk to deliver an order to a client. I'll never haul rocks, branches, etc. in the bed-perhaps the occasional piece of plywood but that's about it. For me, it's about flexibility-it's like a car with optional cargo capabilities. And aside from being a little slower and not being able to take corners quite as hard, it drives as well if not better than my MB. Good steering input / feel, relatively flat cornering for the high CG, and I don't have to worry about taking off my front spoiler going over speed bumps.:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
evok said:
1. Nope. I was only interested in Honda; I didn't really need a new vehicle, although I'd been looking for a replacement for my 12 year old Honda Accord EX Wagon for a few years; nothing had impressed me until this truck.

2. Yeah... :eek:

3. Nope. I read "High & Mighty: The dangerous rise of the SUV." It convinced me that BOF is just downright silly. When Honda came out with the RL, I discovered there was a real alternative, and fell in love.

4. Nope.

5. The in-bed trunk is fantastic. Most of the time I don't need to load up the back seats, but when I do, I have great locked storage. I've also used the bed several times to move large items. My only problem with the RL so far is my own stupidity -- I *have* to remember to get my tie-downs out of the in-bed trunk *before* I load up the bed! Doh! :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
hehehehe I did that too. TWICE!!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
bonerep said:
hehehehe I did that too. TWICE!!!!
The worst was when I remembered to remove the tie-downs for when we were bringing home our rebuilt Roadster engine, but failed to remove the chain that we use to hook it to the cherry picker... *luckily* we had another chain at home, but my SO was just shaking his head, looking at me like, how could you forget the chain??? Um... cuz I didn't need it to tie down the engine? LOL :D

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
evok said:

Perhaps some of you guys would like to chime in on this thread. I understand that the link I mentioned is a pro GM site. But I am interested in your thoughts on that site with regard to your likes and dislike about the Ridgline.
The link didn't work for me, but will post here.
Ie

1) Did your cross shop other pickup and which one? Considered the Frontier originally prior to the Ridgeline coming out, but the trunk put a stop to that nonsense.
2) Did you buy it just because it is a Honda? No, but we do have another Honda and typically prefer Honda vehicles, so it did help.
4) Did you trade in a typical Body on Frame truck. Traded a '97 F150 on the Ridgeline. I liked the F150, but was ready for something newer and got better gas mileage. Plus, there were little things starting to go wrong with the F150.
5) How did the Ridgline fill your daily needs? Perfectly. With a family of 4, we all fit comfortably in the Ridgeline and with the space under the seats and in the trunk, we hardly ever have to use the bed to carry luggage. Rides better than our '01 Accord and will haul whatever I will need it to.

·
Registered
233 Posts
No - My eye was set on buying the new Ford Mustang but my wife didn't think it was practical--needed a 4-door vehicle for family visitor and friends. I couldn't get a sports car so an SUV was my next choice followed by a truck. We checked online for a Murano, Forerunner, Pacifica, and Equinox but couldn't decide on what we really wanted. That's when I saw a Ridgeline commercial (it was either that or an ACTUAL Black Ridgeline in my area). I loved the way it looked and new I had to check it out.

No & Yes - My wife owns a 2002 Civic EX Coupe which has been a great vehicle so I knew that if we went with another Honda, we wouldn't be disappointed.

No - My first truck.

No - My first truck.

I drove a 2-door Chevy S-10 Blazer for 14 years and it was a pain for my passengers getting in/out of it. I don't usually haul much of anything when I lived in an apartment. Now that I own a home, my wife and I wanted to spruce up the yard so hauling bags of mulch, wood, and gardening equipment is what I would typically haul, not to mention golf clubs, fishing, and camping gear.

When I checked out the Ridgeline at my local dealership, I was pretty sure I wanted it. Once I test drove it I was sold! I love the way it drives, the way it looks, and the roomy interior was perfect. This will be the perfect truck to haul a boat...whenever I get one :) The Ridgeline suits our needs for hauling items from Menards/Home Depot, provides a comfortable ride and get-up on long trips to Illinois (400+ miles away), plenty of room and storage space (rear seat, in-bed trunk, bed), safety, and decent gas mileage. We made the perfect decision and are extremely happy campers :)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts

1 - yes GMC, Ford 150 and toyota 4 door trucks
2 - no I was a GM person
3 - yes - 3 previous trucks
4 - yes silverado
5 - drives better, has locking trunk, fits in garage with room to walk around it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I registered and posted over there under "Gkolo".

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
evok said:
1. No - knew I didn't want just a truck.
2. No but that was a plus
3. No
4. Kind of - traded a 2nd gen Range Rover P38
5. Very well - wanted 5 person car comfort with pickup functionality.

·
Registered
52 Posts
evok said:
1) Did your cross shop other picku.... 4). No. A Subaru Outback. 5). Perfectly.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am just floored by the hatred and nastiness toward the RL! :eek: Calling it a turd with an H emblem? Hoping it goes the way of the Edsel and Aztec? Sheesh.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hez said:
I am just floored by the hatred and nastiness toward the RL! :eek: Calling it a turd with an H emblem? Hoping it goes the way of the Edsel and Aztec? Sheesh.
Unbelievable! But, remember, no "GM Bashing" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
774 Posts
That's right

1 - 20 of 43 Posts