Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hands down the best wheel choice for the RL!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Pictures are nice but we could use more info . . .

What year and variation of Camaro wheels are they? You say Camaro replica. Jonb says Camaro SS. .

What is the wheel's specs; diameter, width, offset etc? You say 20x9 with +35 offset

Load rating?

Wheel + tire weight?

Do you need hubcentric rings?

What lug nuts did you use?

What is it the tire size? You say 265 / 50r / 20, JonB says 285/50/20

How does it drive / handle with these wheels?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I bought replicas because they come on the color I wanted.

20x9 with +35 offset

73 pounds

265/65/18 Stock preview wheels are 70 pound.

I didn't need Hub centric rings, but I bought some because they were inexpensive.

Stock lug nuts

I bought 265/50R/20

It drives smooth and it has very good grip as they are new tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought replicas because they come on the color I wanted.

20x9 with +35 offset

73 pounds

265/65/18 Stock preview wheels are 70 pound.

I didn't need Hub centric rings, but I bought some because they were inexpensive.

Stock lug nuts

I bought 265/50R/20

It drives smooth and it has very good grip as they are new tires.
I like this look might have to copy the setup come summer time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks nice. I suppose guess the bolt pattern on the RL is 5x120..sweet. I have had a set of staggered Camaro 20s in my garage for a few years now that I originally bought for my Odyssey. I suppose if I do get a gen 1 RL they'll fit :D.

Are you guys using 4 Camaro fronts for your RL set up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you guys with the Camaro wheels running pressure sensors? If so could you share some knowledge on them. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Only the 6.2 & ZL1 ran staggered setups from factory and the Turbo & 3.6 were just 18" wheels.

The 6.2 runs the front with 20x8.5 with +25mm offset and the rear with 20x9.5 and +39mm offset. I believe the rear is risky given the specs, so the fronts would be better suited. I run a +40mm offset on my G1 and they protrude a bit, so a +25mm will be too much; at least to my liking. However, the replicas running a +35mm offset would be just fine. Think about the weight penalty. Anything over (wheel+tire) 65lbs is a drag.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I think jonb has the nicest setup I have seen I would love to know the specs wow!
It is in his signature................ (except the offset)

2007 RTL W/Nav
Fat Bobs 2in lift kit
20x9 Camaro SS wheels
285/50/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
RV6 J-pipe and High flow precats, 3rd cat delete, K&N filter, TB Spacer
Plati dipped chrome trim
Black bull bar
Blacked out emblems and taillights

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks smufguy! Only thing I'm wrestling with is losing mpg going over stock as I sold my bigger truck to get better mileage and drive to my cottage a fair bit which is a drive..

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Thanks smufguy! Only thing I'm wrestling with is losing mpg going over stock as I sold my bigger truck to get better mileage and drive to my cottage a fair bit which is a drive..
Seems like you already know the answer if mileage is a concern. Stick with wheels and tires that are within a few pounds of stock (around 24lbs wheel, around 32lbs tire) Also get tires with a similar rolling diameter and low rolling resistance. Most AT tires and many aftermarket wheels are significantly heavier than stock. The AT tires will also have a higher rolling resistance than the stock all seasons . . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks nice. I suppose guess the bolt pattern on the RL is 5x120..sweet. I have had a set of staggered Camaro 20s in my garage for a few years now that I originally bought for my Odyssey. I suppose if I do get a gen 1 RL they'll fit :D.

Did you have any problems with these wheels and front suspension or shaking after 40mph?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts