Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
kloque your pics I think have changed my mind on the size of my next set of tires. Currently running 285/50/20 on the SS wheels and was honestly thinking of going to a 275/55/20 which is right under 32in. After looking at how tight the 285's are and the amount of trimming(already did a lot of trimming to get the 285s on) and rubbing I may have I started looking at other sizes. I think the 265/50/20 is the sweet spot and honestly can't tell much of a difference in at least the height of the tire in pics compared to my 285's.

Couple reasons I am really considering this size #1 get some fuel economy back, this size will essentially be the same size as the previous 265/65/17 on had on stock wheels which I got about 1.5mpg better with so hopefully I will gain that mpg back or at least some. #2 ride 285's pull the truck all over the place in every rut or grove in the road not to mention the higher load index which leads to a bit rougher ride. #3 gain some gearing back, the taller tires reduce your gearing making the truck constantly hunt for gears on the highway even the slightest incline the truck unlocks the converter and often then has to down shift. I don't remember it being as bad with almost the same height 265/65/17's. Also should help with passing power on the highway at 70-75mph the truck kinda struggles to get moving and really has to rev up before it gets going. #4 I think I can actually at least by the number shove a 265/50/20 full size spare in the truck without the tray, I've had 3 different instances out of town with flat tires and no spare. I keep a plug kit but that can be a pita on the side of the road or in a hotel parking lot after a long day of travel or adventure on vacation generally in the dark. A plug kit is great but honestly having a full spare just takes some of the stress/headache out of it especially on a family trip with wife and kid in the truck. 285/50/20's look killer but after 5 years and some of the minor headaches of them I think I'm ready to downsize.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts