Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a full camo wrap kit from here www.camo4u.com - has anyone installed vinyl graphics like this before? Is there any tricks to make the install go easier?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I recently got a full camo wrap kit from here www.camo4u.com - has anyone installed vinyl graphics like this before? Is there any tricks to make the install go easier?
Unless you are really, really able to intuitively perform tasks that take lots of practice to learn I would take it to an installer. I used to put on vinyl graphics while going to college and I got pretty good at it but I did it every day for 4 years and applied several hundred of them. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i agree with hiPSI, i tint and do graphics on vehicles, if you have never done them dont attempt to do a full truck wrap! with all the curves of the RL your going to end up with some nasty looking corners and creases in the vinyl. my only tip for applying graphics is when im doing a big graphic i use soapy water and spray the vehicle where the vinyl goes so that way it doesnt stick to the paint right away you can still slide it if its not in the exact spot. other than that you use a hard card and squeegie out the water from behind the vinyl. sorry for rambling on.. its quite the process. good luck

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
And the pics are....................

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Interesting that this thread has come alive again. On my way home from work I happened to come across another RL that had a camo wrap on it. Unfortunately it was raining so I didn't get a chance to stop and take a look at it but I thought it was still interesting. No ROC stickers on it, I did check for that

·
Registered
178 Posts
i agree with hiPSI, i tint and do graphics on vehicles, if you have never done them dont attempt to do a full truck wrap! with all the curves of the RL your going to end up with some nasty looking corners and creases in the vinyl. my only tip for applying graphics is when im doing a big graphic i use soapy water and spray the vehicle where the vinyl goes so that way it doesnt stick to the paint right away you can still slide it if its not in the exact spot. other than that you use a hard card and squeegie out the water from behind the vinyl. sorry for rambling on.. its quite the process. good luck
You DON'T want to use water with wrap material. Yes wannabeef9 is correct in the using water method, but that's only good for vinyl. Wrap material is completely different, and it won't work for you if you get it wet during install. I prefessionally do window tinting, vinyl graphics, and vehicle wrapping for a living, so if you need any tips, feel free to PM me. But i will say, if you've never done it before, good luck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You know your a redneck, when you have a camo truck. Dont park it in a woodsy neighborhood, you might not be able to find it.
Vinnie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts