Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From inside the ridgeline... just smaller than a quarter around, black plastic, the extension out the back is hollow and open to the three holes in the front.

I am hoping/suspect its a piece that holds the bluetooth microphone for my head unit (am currently completely flummoxed trying to figure out the location of the BT microphone which goes to a Pioneer HU installed by previous owner, it makes sound by sounds truly awful).

Cannot see anywhere in the cab this part this goes... it was on the floor recently after I did some interior work.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
It keeps the trim in place down by the drivers dead pedal. Look for an exposed bolt and screw/push it back on. There is a couple behind the pedals also.

Boy I really got to clean my pedals :)

If you pull out the Head Unit you should be able to follow the mic wire, unless you have a Bluetooth unit installed that's separate from the HU.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the quick reply... I was setting up a new circuit off of the fuse board, so this makes perfect sense.

Wonder why its such a strange looking tab compared to the regular body clips...

The bluetooth mic thing is pretty annoying (the fact that there is BT sound, but its downright awful), a job for another day. Thanks again !

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
You are welcome.
Does your bluetooth work with your phone? If so st in the car and call home. Move around inside the RL and ask the person on the other end of the phone to tell you when your voice sounds loudest. Should be loudest when you are near the mic.
Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great idea with the BT, will give it a try ! Its a system many have posted on in this forum and said it comes with a long wired mic to put anywhere, I just don't see it or a wire anywhere. Thanks again !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts