Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D you know if there is an adaptor that can make it attach to a standard pioneer 1 or 2 wire xm box?

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Standard XM Radio Antennas use something called an SMB connector. Same for the single and dual antenna setup. If you could convert the Honda connector to SMB, then you might be able to make it work. I am suprised that they would use dual. They are a much older design and much less receptive than the newer single antennas that combine satelite and terrestrial signals into one.

You can get a splitter that combines the two signal lines into one on ebay for about $30. Let us know if you get it to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well, after many different attempts at making an adaptable coax piece for the proprietary Honda XM antenna coax lead termination, i've found, through the combination of multiple RF connector parts, a solution that will enable one to use their OEM XM Honda antenna on aftermarket tuners or receivers.
some Honda have a Single lead:

others have a Dual lead:

either way, it will be necessary to remove the connector housing to expose the actual connector jack inside:

once the connector housing is removed, the assembly of my parts can begin:

·
Registered
5 Posts

then i place a shrink tubing sleeve over the connector body, shrink it with some heat, and you're done:

if the thought of a multitude of RF parts and assembly is beyond your grasp, i also make a TRUE OEM plug-and-play solution, that will allow you to plug an OEM HONDA antenna coax assembly part into the existing proprietary connector housing, terminating in whatever RF connector you need for your PNP receiver or tuner.

if anyone is interested in using their Honda OEM XM roof-mounted SAT antenna for their aftermarket Sirius or XM tuner, please email me. Brian-

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Great post!! I was trying to accomplish the very same thing yesterday. I have already modified the regular antenna lead in the dash to accomodate an inline FM modulator which works great. We seem to have radio stations on every available frequency here in Cincinnati. The FM modulator that I have been using overrides the frequency I am using without any problems. I can now hook up an Ipod or other MP3 player with my 6 disk changer in my RTL. Now with your antenna lead, I can use the OEM antenna for my XM 2 GO unit without dropping the head liner. WONDERFUL!!!!

BTW - You have email.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Awesome work! Have you tried it out yet? The only concern that I would have is if there is any loss in the antena from the additional connections and wire length. I believe that XM antennas have small amplifiers built into them to make up for loss. Splices may reduce this gain. There are companies that make XM antenna ampliifers if you discover this to be a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh, of course i've tested it out, as well as having sold several to people across different forums.

here's a few comments from those on the Sirius Forum:
http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84627

i also make a TRUE OEM Plug-and-Play solution, but it is more expensive due to the fact that i must buy an OEM part from Honda for its configuration.

OEM XM Tuner location on the Honda Ridgeline:

·
Registered
2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL
2 Posts

then i place a shrink tubing sleeve over the connector body, shrink it with some heat, and you're done:

if the thought of a multitude of RF parts and assembly is beyond your grasp, i also make a TRUE OEM plug-and-play solution, that will allow you to plug an OEM HONDA antenna coax assembly part into the existing proprietary connector housing, terminating in whatever RF connector you need for your PNP receiver or tuner.

if anyone is interested in using their Honda OEM XM roof-mounted SAT antenna for their aftermarket Sirius or XM tuner, please email me. Brian-
Brian, I need an adapter and hope you can make one for me. Posting here hoping you see it - your email links are out of date understandably. Thanks.

·
Administrator
21,133 Posts
Brian, I need an adapter and hope you can make one for me. Posting here hoping you see it - your email links are out of date understandably. Thanks.
Not only are the links out of date, but Brian hasn't logged on to this forum in 14 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts