Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1 owner 2017 RTL-E w/23.9k miles for $31,900 from a ChryslerDJR dealer in NW OH. Not certified and no extended warranty, no floormats, only one key fob. Other than that, nice car. Paid a little more than I'd have liked but not many were available.
Original owner was in Canada, noticed a few differences, like outside temp and HVAC temp only shows in Celsius vs Fahrenheit. No setting I've found that allows that to change. If anyone knows the secret to changing that setting let me know.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,963 Posts
I haven't played with a Canadian RL, but I believe that it is possible to change it to Fahrenheit since it is possible to changeI U.S. destination Ridgeline to Celsius. Because you have the RTL-E you have the electronic settings. I don't recall wearing settings it is but I think it's in the System area.I will look later in the day if no one else has posted the exact answer in the interim. You should also have the ventilated front seats and the heated rear seats. I think also indicators on the mirrors if I remember right? There are a whole slew of extra features on the Canadian vehicles that have made many of us envious. I don't know anything about Canadian emissions controls but you should ask about that; whether there might be any problems down the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 1 owner 2017 RTL-E w/23.9k miles for $31,900 from a ChryslerDJR dealer in NW OH. Not certified and no extended warranty, no floormats, only one key fob. Other than that, nice car. Paid a little more than I'd have liked but not many were available.
Original owner was in Canada, noticed a few differences, like outside temp and HVAC temp only shows in Celsius vs Fahrenheit. No setting I've found that allows that to change. If anyone knows the secret to changing that setting let me know.
$32K for a 2017 with 24K miles is a great deal! I paid 32K for my 2017 RTL-E and it had 30K miles on it. I did get floor mats, 2 keys and the factory hard Tonneau cover though. I think the Canadian-spec Ridgeline RTL-Es get power folding side mirrors, which I think is a great feature for parking in tight garages.
Enjoy your new truck!

·
Super Moderator
2,963 Posts
$32K for a 2017 with 24K miles is a great deal! I paid 32K for my 2017 RTL-E and it had 30K miles on it. I did get floor mats, 2 keys and the factory hard Tonneau cover though. I think the Canadian-spec Ridgeline RTL-Es get power folding side mirrors, which I think is a great feature for parking in tight garages.
Enjoy your new truck!
You're right, it's not turning indicators on the side-view mirrors (that's the Pilot), it's power-folding side mirrors that Canada gets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy your new truck!
Thanks. I did get running boards and those small 'vent visors' over each window. Probably will get weather tech floor mats and will try to talk a dealer into programming a key fob without overcharging me.. I've bought a few cars from them. Hope I can figure out the folding mirror thing.
FYI, I sent a Honda Canada exec an email, got a prompt and nice response that celsius temp display is the only option on this vehicle. Guess I'll catch up with the rest of the world and learn metric or keep asking Siri..

How do you like your cover?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't played with a Canadian RL, but I believe that it is possible to change it to Fahrenheit since it is possible to changeI U.S. destination Ridgeline to Celsius. Because you have the RTL-E you have the electronic settings. I don't recall wearing settings it is but I think it's in the System area.I will look later in the day if no one else has posted the exact answer in the interim. You should also have the ventilated front seats and the heated rear seats. I think also indicators on the mirrors if I remember right? There are a whole slew of extra features on the Canadian vehicles that have made many of us envious. I don't know anything about Canadian emissions controls but you should ask about that; whether there might be any problems down the road.
Thanks for the response. I reached out to a Honda Canada branding exec, he answered (promptly & politely):
> In terms of the temp display issue I looked into it further and found out that you can change some of the metric/imperial units under customize features. The “ACC display speed unit” can be shown in the MID in km or miles, or under the Navigation system settings the units can be changed to km or mile. Unfortunately that only changes the distance units on the Navigation map screen.

In terms of the outside temperature and HVAC temperature readings you see on the display in Celsius, because the vehicle originally came from the Canadian/metric market it cannot be changed to Fahrenheit.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
<<

Haven't seen anything regarding emissions but I'll try to find out. It was built in Alabama, so hopefully not an issue. Guess i'll be learning metric...

·
Administrator
20,683 Posts
Here are the extra features on the Canadian models:

There is no setting that allows you to change between ºC and ºF - you'd need to replace the HVAC control head.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The question on everyone's mind is actually "How did the dealer get the truck registered and legal for use on USA roads?!?! And how do I get one??" I probably wouldn't in reality but I would seriously strongly consider trading my truck in if I could get a Canadian version. It would probably come down to if my wife said I could or not and if I wouldn't be taking a giant loss on mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Haven't seen anything regarding emissions but I'll try to find out. It was built in Alabama, so hopefully not an issue. Guess i'll be learning metric...[/QUOTE]

Metric temperature is easy and makes sense- even to us old Canadians.
0 C is freezing- the temperature to freeze water to ice, or 32F - if you live in a cold climate and you plug your truck in at night, the magic number is -20C or colder ( I’ve been able to start up at -36 after 18 hrs!)
20 C and above is getting warm, 30C is HOT.
Enjoy your trans boarder truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,963 Posts
To close the loop, the setting that I was remembering is called "Meter Setup." I assumed that it would handle temperature, distance and speed. It's bad to make assumptions. First of all, the setting only affects distance and fluid measures — and then only in certain places. It doesn't change the temperature readouts. It doesn't change the speedometer readout. It does change the informatics in the smaller display below the speedometer on the RTL-E/BE. So in other words your gas mileage is figured in metric or imperial measures as are your distance numbers. But the one you probably most want is the speedometer and as you stated, outside temperature. Nope. So the setting is pretty toothless. Here's where you can find it and also the navigation setting for kilometers in case it helps. These directions are for U.S. vehicle, but perhaps they match Canadian:

Settings > Vehicle > Meter Setup > Display KM/Miles

Nav > scroll to bottom: Settings > Units > Units

As @zroger73 stated, you'd need to change head units in order to accomplish what you want. Or just learn the metric stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts