Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the ridgeline world after driving a 2001 VW TDI for the last 10 years. I was shocked that the stock stereo was so bad. I used to be into car audio in my high school days but got out of it. The ridgeline's just wasn't cutting it.
I started reading the posts on this forum and got excited about it again. At first I wanted to do a full DVD/Nav system with components and the sq10 behind the seat but as time went on I decided on a simple, modest cost install that I'll do myself.
I've already purchased the Pioneer FH-P8000BT head unit, Kicker DS525 coaxials for the doors, bass blockers, and Dynamat.
I've decided on the Bazooka BTA6250D amplified bass tube for the low end simply for ease of install. I've seen posts of people installing them behind the back seat on the drivers side.

My question is: could I put two tubes behind the back seat as the 6250 allows for the hookup of a second tube?

Also is the 6" tube going to provide sufficient bass? I'm not looking to blow ear drums but want to feel it in the cab.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,050 Posts
I'm interested to see what you think of the 8000BT. I've been looking at it myself for some time now, but haven't pulled the trigger. I can't decide if I want to spend the extra money for an LCD screen.

I do know that you likely won't need the bass blockers because the 8000BT has built in crossovers you can set so the lower frequencies won't reach the door speakers.

As far as doing two Bazooka subs, I don't think you'd want to go that route. The amplified 6" Bazooka will certainly give louder and cleaner bass than the stock subwoofer would (which you don't have anyways), but I could see issues with clashing sound waves simply by the orientation of the tubes. The install would also be a bit challenging. If you're really worried about the output of the Bazooka, I would go with the eD10 with a separate amp. This will likely cost a bit more than one Bazooka tube, but less than two. Your other option would be to simply get the Bazooka and install it. Drive around with it for a few weeks, and if it doesn't meet your standards, you can always change it.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
And to think, I was going to say something smart like "only if you balance the firing power with four RPG's in the front". Glad I held off until you got a real answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked at the Sound Ordnance sub and have the same worries about bass output. Bazooka tubes seem to be more tested. I will go with the one for now and see how it sounds. I just like the option of adding another one later.

I'll let you know about the performance of the 8000bt...I still haven't received it. It should be installed in a couple of weeks. I go away for training for a week and then away for spring break vacation. It's definitely gonna be after that.

I forgot about the built in crossover in the 8000bt. I'll have to play with it before I put the door panels back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts