Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like the seats.Change them?

I haven't bought an RL yet and I probably won't because my wife HATED the seats. The non-adjustable headrest was one thing, but the seat itself is not the most comfortable thing. Don't get me wrong, it rides great but the seats are like cardboard wrapped in leather (or cloth). I just drove the Taco (not to start a war) but the seats were great. Even the Frontier was better than the RL. Neither drove as smooth as the Honda but the seats are going to be a deciding factor for me, unfortunately. Unless someone can suggest a fix. Can I get seats out of something else or maybe after market? This seems extreme to me but I really dig the Ridge! HELP!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(I posted this in the mods section also...)

I haven't bought an RL yet and I probably won't because my wife HATED the seats. The non-adjustable headrest was one thing, but the seat itself is not the most comfortable thing. Don't get me wrong, it rides great but the seats are like cardboard wrapped in leather (or cloth). I just drove the Taco (not to start a war) but the seats were great. Even the Frontier was better than the RL. Neither drove as smooth as the Honda but the seats are going to be a deciding factor for me, unfortunately. Unless someone can suggest a fix. Can I get seats out of something else or maybe after market? This seems extreme to me but I really dig the Ridge! HELP!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I drove the Taco,Frontier and Ridgeline and the Ridgeline had the biggest and most comfortable seats out of all the vehicles, front and back! The Taco and Frontier makes me feel like I am sitting on the floor while I drive and I am 6'1" and as far as the material, the sport seats in the Taco feel like the same material in the Ridgeline rts/rtl. The Taco and Frontier seats feel like they are not as wide as the Ridgeline but this could be due to my 'size'.
My wife and kids felt the same about the seating in the Ridgeline as compared to the other 2.
I would buy whatever truck you would feel comfortable with! The Taco and Frontier are both good trucks.
MIke
p.s. Your not the first to mention headrest here! Other members simply turned their headrest around to solve the problem and I would guess quite a few seat manufacturers are already making seats that could fit in the Ridge if you want to spend the extra cash!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re: I don't like the seats.Change them?

fcollins said:
Hey, fcollins, you've got to be kidding. I have the RTL and I have to tell you that these seats are the most comfortable I've ever owned (and I've owned a bunch). Before criticizing, you should try sitting in these seats for a long duration. I've done over 300 miles in one trip and found the seats supportive and extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Interesting,
to me, the seats are one of the most comfortable seats out there.
What trim are you looking at? What type of cars are you typically used to driving? Are you used to really soft GM type seats?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

denvrfan said:
Hey, fcollins, you've got to be kidding. I have the RTL and I have to tell you that these seats are the most comfortable I've ever owned (and I've owned a bunch). Before criticizing, you should try sitting in these seats for a long duration. I've done over 300 miles in one trip and found the seats supportive and extremely comfortable.
I second that on being comfortable!
Do not remember what link I saw on this site, but one review that was published, the person stated the RL has the ride of luzury vehicle.
This is the 1st truck I have ever owned (their has been many) that I do not get car butt from a road trip :cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts

I picked up my RTL last night and during the manditory "show it off at lunch to everyone in the damn building" most people commented on how comfortable the seats were. Most comfortable in a car I have owned that's for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shingles said:
Interesting,
to me, the seats are one of the most comfortable seats out there.
What trim are you looking at? What type of cars are you typically used to driving? Are you used to really soft GM type seats?
I drove an RTS and the RTL. I thought my wife would have an issue because, honestly, I wasn't very impressed with the seats. She has migraines and chronic jaw pain so comfort is a big issue for us. What we're used to is a Lexus ES300 and a BMW 330xi. (she loves the lexus, hates the bmw-it has the sport package so it's stiff riding) We haven't bought a GM since '93, so I wouldn't say that's part of it.

The seats in the Taco were almost like the 91 MR2 we used to have and she loved those. I know someone else said it was like sitting on the floor, but I kinda like being held in place by my seat. I'm only 5'9"/200 lbs, so it fits me good; other poster was 6'1"... maybe that's it.

If I could get the taco seats in the ridge, i'd be in heaven... oh well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry to hate on the ridge, I know everyone here is a fan. Like I said, chalk it up to personal preference, but I wasn't impressed with them. The ride? Oh yeah. Especially after driving a Frontier. The body? I like it. I love the extras that other trucks don't offer too. And I'm a HUGE honda fan (since my '86 CRX) I'd love to get the truck... if only...
sidenote:
The poor sales guy was trying different headrests from every model on the showroom floor to see if THAT issue could be solved for us. (didn't find one) He even tried to move the rears up to the front!
Maybe if I get the RT and swap out the seats?!? Couple of Recaro's! :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts

fcollins said:
The poor sales guy was trying different headrests from every model on the showroom floor to see if THAT issue could be solved for us. (didn't find one) He even tried to move the rears up to the front!
Maybe if I get the RT and swap out the seats?!? Couple of Recaro's! :cool:
I don't understand what you mean about the headrests. They are adjustable up and down:rolleyes:

·
Registered
578 Posts
So was it the softness or the support or the shape?
Fromt he sound of it, she doesn't like the firm seats (BMW). And you enjoy more sporty seats?

Honestly, I think the ridgeline seats are comfortable for long distance driving. I am 5'6" 165lbs. I don't think they support well, as far as hold you in place, but the seat backs and buttoms are comfy for me. I REALLY light my S2000 seats because they fit me like a glove. But they aren't comfy perse for long distances driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

sorry- I meant tilt. rotate. that kinda adjusting... she hates the way they tilt forward. The more comfortable seat for her is more straight up and down...

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

Turning the passenger headrest around works for my wife.;) Yes it needs a power passenger seat.

·
Registered
534 Posts

I have a beef with the headrests too. They make my head sit more forward than I'd like, so I just push them right up. I do find the seats comfortable, otherwise. I am sure there is a way to replace the seats, but that seem rather extreme...

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

Tilt headrests like my Recaros had would be nice. Definitely needs a height adjustment for the bottom. Maybe next time Honda.;)

·
Registered
62 Posts

fcollins said:
sorry- I meant tilt. rotate. that kinda adjusting... she hates the way they tilt forward. The more comfortable seat for her is more straight up and down...
This must exist on the high end line of vehicles (rotate! tilt!! what have I been missing all my life!:) ). This truck is the highest end class I've been in. I noticed the forward tilt of the headrest immediately. So I raised the headrest a couple more inches so the forward "ridgeline" was now almost over my head. The manual recommends you adjust the headrest this way. Plus I tilted the backrest a sconch more back. Then I made a little lump of the lumbar. walla! poof!! no more annoyance from that friggen, bothersome of a headrest!!!:D That'll teach them!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
fcollins said:
. She has migraines and chronic jaw pain so comfort is a big issue for us.

???????:cool: >>>>>><<<<<NOT GOING THERE!!!:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts