Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Can we start a database of the actual TSB?

12K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  paulmooney 
#1 ·
Would it be possible to start a database of the actual TSBs here? What I'm looking for is the text that I need to print out and hand to the service manager when I take my truck in. I thought I'd read somewhere that there is a TSB on the steering wheel creak, wind noise, leaky interior etc. but finding them to print them out is another issue. Does anyone have them all in one handy place?

Thanks!

#5 ·
T Mac said:
I'll work with my sources to do this. Basically, I can create a master page that lists all of them (at least those that we know of) and each one will be linked to a PDF of the actual TSB. This is assuming I can get all of the information I need. Sometimes all TSB's are hard to come by.
That would be great. Thanks for offering.

#8 ·
https://techinfo.honda.com

Online service manuals and TSBs

Two items of note:
1) Not free
2) It seems that some items that should be TSBs take a long time to be published and until that happens I beleive the only way to get the information is if your dealer calls Honda. For example the front speaker rattle fix that people have posted here as a TSB is not yet listed on the Honda site as an offical TSB

#9 ·
Most can be found here...

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Honda/index-post.html

Picking through them the Ridgeline ones are:

TSB Description Updated
05-015 Tailgate is hard to open in drop mode 4/1/05
05-017 Tailgate does not open in swing mode 4/12/05
05-029 Steering wheel creak noise 9/21/05
05-032 Navigation system DVD information 10/5/05
05-033 Rear window will not open or close 8/3/05
05-045 Water leak at right front floor 9/29/05

Did I miss any? Is there not one for the windshield whistle?

#10 ·
#12 ·
BamaRidge posted this one in my clock thread...

Make : HONDA Model : RIDGELINE Year : 2006
Manufacturer : HONDA (AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO.)
Service Bulletin Num : 805 Date of Bulletin: AUG 16, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10016775
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Technical Service Bulletins Summary

Make: HONDA
Model: RIDGELINE
Year: 2006
Type: TRUCK
Service Bulletin Number: 805
Summary Description:
NAVIGATION SYSTEM SOFTWARE BUG CAUSING THE CLOCK TO RANDOMLY CHANGE THE DISPLAYED TIME. *TT

#15 ·
I just got back from my dealer getting my Nav system replaced because of clock wierdness. I showed them this TSB but they couldn't find it in their system. The 805 number didn't seem valid. All the TSBs in their system were in the form of ##-###. He tried searching all different ways but didn't turn up anything. Just FYI.

Ruffles said:
BamaRidge posted this one in my clock thread...

Make : HONDA Model : RIDGELINE Year : 2006
Manufacturer : HONDA (AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO.)
Service Bulletin Num : 805 Date of Bulletin: AUG 16, 2005
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Technical Service Bulletins Summary

Make: HONDA
Model: RIDGELINE
Year: 2006
Type: TRUCK
Service Bulletin Number: 805
Summary Description:
NAVIGATION SYSTEM SOFTWARE BUG CAUSING THE CLOCK TO RANDOMLY CHANGE THE DISPLAYED TIME. *TT

#16 ·
AllData just added some info about the Ridgeline.

See...
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/67/066720aE.html

Here are the titles...
Service Bulletins
TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title
05-029 JUN 05 Steering - Steering Wheel Creaking Noise
SN050600-004 JUN 05 Trailer Wiring - Back Up Lamp Warning
SN050600-003 JUN 05 Trailer Wiring - Installing Brake Controller
SN050508 MAY 05 Exhaust System - Catalytic Converter Noise
SN050515 MAY 05 Instrument Cluster - Rewriting ODO Data
SN050509 MAY 05 Instruments - 'CHECK FUEL CAP' Message
SN050506 MAY 05 Wind Noise - Simple Way To Replicate
SN050411 APR 05 Body - Auto Door Unlock Manual Revision
SN050308 MAR 05 Tire Pressure Monitor - Low Tire Pressure Indicator ON

Note I believe AllData still won't let you see the whole bulletin at the "request" of Honda. But it may help you to have a TSB # and the small amount of text in a title may give you reason to look into something further at your Honda dealer and have the info to get started.

#17 ·
Hello,

If you go to http://www.edmunds.com, you can get a listing of all TSBs on the Ridgeline. There are 19 total as of this post (11.25.05). The latest one has a Sept '05 bulletin date and concerns the leak problem. Here is what you do:

• Click on "New Cars"
  • Select "Honda"
  • Select "2006 Honda Ridgeline"
  • Select your Ridgeline style
  • Click on the "Review and Specs" tab
  • Select "Maintenance" from the left hand column
  • Click on the "Technical Service Bulletins" link
  • Select your Ridgeline model and click "Go"
  • Click on the link "19 TSB Report(s) for your vehicle"

A list of all the TSBs will appear, along with a very brief description of the problem, and the bulletin number and date.

#21 ·
Does anyone know the details of TSB SN050600-004 JUN 05 Trailer Wiring - Back Up Lamp Warning? There is another poster needing the reverse lamp hookup because of having a trailer with surge disc brakes.

#22 · (Edited)
#23 ·
Thanks Paul. Still no real TSB on the Windshield noise I see. I have tried in a few threads to have someone print out what many are saying is the Windshield Noise TSB and no one is able to print it out. I think it is only a Service Alert and not a TSB at this time and your search helps confirm this. Unfortunately for me, I will be going in for 1st service in a few weeks and was hoping the Windshield Noise had made it to a full TSB so I would not get any back talk from the dealer. Now I probably have to rely on good will of dealer and that is always a crapshoot.

#26 ·
I added two new TSB's from alldata to my zip archive of them you can download here...

http://www.navhelp.com/tsb.zip

Rear Leak 06-016
Door Handle Clips 06-012

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.