Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I am located in Canada and am very interested in RTL Ridgeline wiht MR and Navi.

Any ideas from the good old U.S. of A. posters, and/or are there any other Canadian lurkers here???

I am in the Niagara Region within an hour or so of the Greater Toronto area. Any help or hints would be appreciated vis-a-vis realistic pricing or strategy to achieve same.

Thanks in advance.

And...if there is a separate Canadian site, I apologize in advance.:)

Grips

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi! Fellow Canadian here. There are a number of us on this site!

As for pricing, we told the dealer what we were interested in paying. Numbers went back and forth, we walked away, came back a few months later and made some demands (hitch system to be included free, etc) and got what we wanted. You have to be able to walk away, if you want to make a deal, but be prepared to be reasonable. They aren't really giving these puppies away!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hez! Much appreciated...how much over invoice would be considered "reasonable" in your estimation?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey I'm just a bit north of Toronto, but also looking for what area of pricing is reasonable. I came back from Orangeville Honda, they didn't even budge on the price of $42k (inc F&PDI) for Leather and sunroof.(before taxes). Should I be able to knock them down a bit more?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Canadian dealers aren't moving much on price unless you are trading in another desirable Honda (oxy-moron I know). I managed to get a pretty good options list tossed in though...some of the small things like cargo net, block heater. But of course they are worth every penny anyways.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have had mine since April.....bought a blue Navi

Best idea is to know your final (all in) price.......the bottom line on the sales invoice......start at the bottom and let them work up.

As I got one of the first one's around they wanted full MSRP....I agreed to the price if they included for free the following.

(Hitch and wiring, bed extender, ash tray, floor mats, hood deflector, mud flaps, trunk dividers, under seat storage organizer dealie) I think thats all.

You have to know what you want to spend and make your offer, be prepared to walk away..........I love the truck, dont worry about few hundered $$$'s when your spending 50K.......silly really over the years you'll own the truck.

I'm in Nemarket, ,PM me if you want dealer cotact info.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Seems they have more supply than demand now...I got 6.8 % off MSLP on a EX-L with MR in Alberta last week.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All:
This forum is awesome I just had to join! So, I'm new to posting questions/comments. Hope I do this well.

I need advise especially from Canadian members although all other comments from our Americans friends are welcome. Here's my delima:

1. Since I fist look at honda.ca around mid year, the MSRP had gone up by $400CND! This is definite a reverse trend form the US market place.

2. Should I try and get some deal going before year end, if any, or should I wait for the 2007 model? Anybody have any idea what's new/change for the 2007 Ridgleine?

3. In around Edmonton, which delearship did you purchase from and why? Which dealership to avoid? (Only if one is allowed to mention delearship in this forum..)

My patience is running out...my brain is saying, "wait till Sept 06" but my heart is saying, "go get it NOW!". Huh! Thanks a million--greatly appreciate all your advise/comments (very excited to hear all your responses!!). Did ! say I was excited!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts