Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to buy but, I can't make up my mind if I want blue or green. Any comments out there. :confused:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Perhaps you should base your decision on the interior color. The green has a distinctive 2-toned olive interior, while the blue has a bit more of a conservative grey.

Good luck!

-Bob

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am leaning toward green, but I wonder if the blue will show less dirt. I had a blue truck about the same color 10 years ago and it always seemed to stay clean vs my wife had a black ex acord and it was dirty 30 minutes after it was washed. I just wonder if the green will be that way?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ripncarz said:
I am ready to buy but, I can't make up my mind if I want blue or green. Any comments out there. :confused:
I would recommend blue, the blue model has gray seats instead of olive. I thought the two tone gray seats were more attractive.

That what I have in my silver ridgeline.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like green , and ofcourse you want to drive in the color I like just in case we meet and you want to give me a ride in it, I will be happy . It is all about me .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blue or green, I was in the same situation.

This may sound silly but I chose blue because I like the dash color better and that is what I will be looking at. I really don't care how it looks to others when I am the one driving.

But I actually think that the green will look cleaner since it is "earth" tone green. The other thing is that the green is more unique since it is only on the higher trim models.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I saw my first green one in a showroom last weekend while waiting for my RedRock Pearl to be delivered (needed a "fix" you know?) and was very surprised that I liked it so much. All but 2 vehicles in my life have been red and never a green one. I think it's quite distinctive and thought the interior went quite well with it. Counterpoint: a friend that was with me at the time thought it looked too "military-ish".

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same thought on the green being military looking. But the gold flake in the paint looks really cool.

Sill on the fence. :confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
dude ..... blue all the way..... :cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Ridge, are those pictures of your truck retouched or enhanced? Your blue sure looks different than honda pics :confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Green, definitely. This is the same question I was weighing before I bought mine, but the interior dash color is awesome looking as well as complimentary to the green exterior. In addition the dash coloring will definitely hide dirt and dash fuzz much better than the charcoal and equally well as the tan.

The green also looks different depending how the light hits it, how sunny or cloudy it is...giving it more personality. The blue is nice too, however I do not like the interior as much.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the great comments everyone :D . Going to look at a blue one after work, I can't wait to see it in person. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd go with whatever you like because you are the one that will be driving it.As far as dirt on the paint they all get the same amount on them. Of course you can see the dirt on darker colors, but IMO I want to know when my truck is dirty. You got to keep it clean so it will look good a long time.

·
Registered
996 Posts
ripncarz said:
Hey Ridge, are those pictures of your truck retouched or enhanced? Your blue sure looks different than honda pics :confused:
The blue on the Honda website does not look like the blue I have. In person it looks like more of a dark gray. When my salesman e-mailed me the photos of the truck on the lot. It looked teal blue, and I wasn't interested until I saw it in person, then I loved it. It looks different in different intensity light (ie color temperature). I did not alter the color, but did adjust contrast a little. Other owners of this color could attest to whether I got it right or not. I'll let them be the judge. Sometimes it looks more blue, but typically it seems more gun metal to me. By your question, are saying you like the blue better in my photo than their website?

·
Registered
28 Posts
If your able to do what i do sometimes, and stalk the Ridgeline on sundays when dealer is closed. :) Stop by your local gas station, grab a fountin drink, filler-up with your choice. and head on down to the local dealer. and SIT around your color choices. bring your sunglasses and get comfortable, cause your not doing anything wrong. just look at it, move look some more STARE at your future purcase :eek: then don't look at one for a few days, go back if they still there and then one color normaly hits u over another. hard to describe but it just happens ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
JimmySB said:
I would recommend blue, the blue model has gray seats instead of olive. I thought the two tone gray seats were more attractive.

That what I have in my silver ridgeline.
The olive seats are two tone as well...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts