Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
According to cars.com there are six of them in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. Not sure if that is where you are though. Krenzen in Duluth has seven of them, but no Es, one T.
Cannot be sure of how accurate they are though. The white one that the dealer info is cut off is at Inver Grove Honda. I visited every dealer in the metro before ordering ours. Pushy bunch except one. Let me know if you want to talk to them.

Attachments

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to cars.com there are six of them in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. Not sure if that is where you are though. Krenzen in Duluth has seven of them, but no Es, one T.
Cannot be sure of how accurate they are though. The white one that the dealer info is cut off is at Inver Grove Honda. I visited every dealer in the metro before ordering ours. Pushy bunch except one. Let me know if you want to talk to them.
Im finding that dealers list vehicles on cars.com, autotrader, etc just for marketplace presence - they dont have RTL-E's available. When you call to shop - they dont have any and the waitlist is into next year.

· Registered
970 Posts
Im finding that dealers list vehicles on cars.com, autotrader, etc just for marketplace presence - they dont have RTL-E's available. When you call to shop - they dont have any and the waitlist is into next year.

Yup, this has been true since the early days. Cars.com just pretty much sucks for this and is just not a good resource for in demand vehicles. In my case I decided to make a list of possible dealers and check their websites a couple times daily. I got lucky and happened to call about an hour after they listed one that was coming. I suspect if that had been two hours it would have been sold. I got it about a month later and during all that time it was still listed on cars.com. It was still listed on the dealer site during that wait period but was shown as "sold" on the dealer site. Cars.com does not show "sold but not delivered" vehicles as having been sold but continues to list them as if they were available.

· Registered
926 Posts
Cars.com is completely useless at least in this area when it comes to a new Ridgeline.

Reactions: CCDAstro

· Super Moderator
3,069 Posts
I used CARGURU.COM to find RL's that were available when I went out of town to look at and test drive. It was very reliable. And when looking for other trucks like the Dodge Ram with the eco diesel it was really good at pricing. Whatever it said was the deal and was accurate when I went to visit the dealerships. At one point I was considering a eco diesel just due to the mileage they can give at 29mpg highway, that's nothing to shake a stick at on a vehicle that weighs as much as they do. And the best price I could find (and verify with a deal at a dealer) was for the Bighorn model with the 3.0 D that was for $39,700. It was steal at $12,000 off. But I still wasn't keen on the full size truck thing and hence sticking with the RL that I got. It would have been my second choice though if the RL deal didn't come through. They are a very nice car like truck inside and that D engine is really quiet. You cannot hear it at all. It was a bit underpowered on the test drives but nothing that a little programmer couldn't fix!

Steve M

· Registered
11 Posts
RTL-E's dont' stay on the lot too long around Atlanta area. I have had good successes with cars.com, that was what I used to track mine down. It helps if you check it daily in which I did for 2 months. There is really no other alternative for me besdes going to the dealer and have them pull up the inventory which would be a really inconvenient.

· Registered
99 Posts
I located my RTL-E on cars.com but also wasted alot of time talking to dealers who had sold and non stock vehicles listed. Put in the time and you can be successful. It's not useless by any means just not very accurate. Never in my life of 50+ years have I had to work so hard to buy a car but it can be done.

· Registered
380 Posts
Guess I got lucky.
Had my trade-in evaluated and put a deposit down three weeks ago with a tentative arrival date of Oct. 18th.
It arrived on the fourth and I picked up the truck this afternoon, Oct. 6th.

Crown Honda is the dealer and they are selling some ahead of delivery and others are getting sold pretty quickly.
My rep delivered another E trim this morning.
The third E is gray and the guy was expecting it to land with the other two but it did not.
He was ready to take the silver I had reserved but they wouldn't do that.
Feeling fortunate to get one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.