Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to say hello to everyone and thank you for all the help you provided without knowing it. I live in Montana but am currently serving in Iraq. Before I left to come over here the slick roads of a Montana winter led to an accident in which my F250 was totalled - I then came over here knowing I'd need to replace the vehicle. I was looking at another full-size pickup with a V-8 but have watched fuel prices climb tremendously over the 16 months I've been here. This forum has convinced me that the Ridgeline can do everything I need from a truck and save me some fuel over the 12-15 mpg I got with the big truck. I ordered a blue Ridgeline from my dealer to be delivered in mid to late February when I get home.

Thanks for all the good info and I can't wait to drive the new truck.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
ltcdad said:
Just a note to say hello to everyone and thank you for all the help you provided without knowing it. I live in Montana but am currently serving in Iraq. Before I left to come over here the slick roads of a Montana winter led to an accident in which my F250 was totalled - I then came over here knowing I'd need to replace the vehicle. I was looking at another full-size pickup with a V-8 but have watched fuel prices climb tremendously over the 16 months I've been here. This forum has convinced me that the Ridgeline can do everything I need from a truck and save me some fuel over the 12-15 mpg I got with the big truck. I ordered a blue Ridgeline from my dealer to be delivered in mid to late February when I get home.

Welcome to our group! Thank you for serving our country, my hats off to you sir!
I understand on the F250..your lucky, mine got 8 mpg! You'll love the Ridgeline & do not look back on your big rig... if you need a 3/4 ton truck to haul or tow something, borrow or rent one. The money you'll save on gas will pay for itself quick! Happy Holidays for you and all our troops :)

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome, and again, thank you for serving.
I am looking forward to hearing your impressions of the RidgeLine. As you already know, we all love ours.
Good luck, God be with you and come home safe to your family.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome to the ROC!

And, THANK YOU.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Thank you for serving our country and welcome aboard! I hope that your new truck serves you for many years. Our prayers and best wishes go to you and your comrades. Be careful over there! :)

-- Rob (who is a D.A. police officer where this work is done.)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hello ltcdad (Lt. Col.?). Glad to hear from you. I can assure you won't be disappointed. Blue is a nice color, but I personally think that Billet Silver is faster (Silver Bullet:D ). Coming home for the holidays? You take care, and watch your buddies' rear.;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Truck. Feel assured that you have made a wise decision. Welcome to the group. We appreciate all you are doing or you country. Come home safely & enjoy your new Ridgeline.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Your homecoming is going to be triple the joy with your new truck on order in the best color - BLUE. Congratulations on a great decision. Be sure to come back and let us know how you like it. In the meantime, we'd love to hear how you're doing in Iraq or answer any questions you might have.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
ltcdad said:

No tcdad! Thank you for keeping us safe and able to enjoy our Ridgelines. We are certain you will enjoy your ride soon. Come home safe! and welcome to our club.;)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Thank you for your service. My friend from the 42nd just got back this past weekend after a year in Tikrit. They had many close calls. Stay safe and hoo-hah.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice choice, and as everyone else has already said, thanks for your service. We look forward to your safe return in Feb and the pictures of your new truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shovelhd said:
Thank you for your service. My friend from the 42nd just got back this past weekend after a year in Tikrit. They had many close calls. Stay safe and hoo-hah.
The 1/163d (from Montana) just went home, they were part of the 42nd. I'm getting really anxious to return as well, 16 months here already and don't leave 'til February. Oh well, I feel good about what we're doing here so that's all that matters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts