Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Car and Driver somehow got a pic of the upcoming Ridgeline.. in this months issue 25 cars to wait for is an article with a picture.. sure hope it's better looking than what they showed.

· Registered
96 Posts
Me too, except post #2 isn't even the picture that showed up in the C&D magazine.

I think there was a post of it in the GEN2 general discussion thread.
Yes, we discussed it last week. Look for my post #661 where I demonstrated how it's nothing more than a Photochop of the gray Honda Pilot photo. In a later post, Joe said to ignore the Car & Driver rendering because it was not the new Ridgeline.

· Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Not even a page number, and the 1st one to 'see' this picture has never been on this forum before.

Picture must be in the 'Troll & Liar' magazine.

· Registered
971 Posts
This is not the car and driver pic but another one I found. Replace the front symbol and I think you have a more accurate (speculation) view of what the real new RL could look like.

The back window and cab angle look very similar to the RL design current and modified spy angle. The rear seems to scoop up just slightly much like the Honda's teaser photo. Even the front has similarity other than the lights on the Honda seem to be a bit more aggressive rap around style.

http://a38898d4011a160a051fb191.gea...ew-Ford-Ranger-2016-Gearheads-Side.jpg?e1be4f

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,973 Posts
This is not the car and driver pic but another one I found. Replace the front symbol and I think you have a more accurate (speculation) view of what the real new RL could look like.

The back window and cab angle look very similar to the RL design current and modified spy angle. The rear seems to scoop up just slightly much like the Honda's teaser photo. Even the front has similarity other than the lights on the Honda seem to be a bit more aggressive rap around style.

http://a38898d4011a160a051fb191.gea...ew-Ford-Ranger-2016-Gearheads-Side.jpg?e1be4f
I really like the look of that truck. Level headlights look SO much better than the slanted ones.

· Registered
3,228 Posts
Huh...it's hard for me to believe that the styling or anything else on the global Ranger would have more in common with the Gen2 RL than the new Pilot which the RL is based on. Don't get me wrong -- I like the Ranger, but it seems very likely that the next gen RL will have the same front quarter panels and hood as the new Pilot, and that would probably mean the same headlights too. The possible mods I would expect would be different grill and bumper skin. Just my opinion.

· Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,179 Posts
Radio - "I got you babe. Da da da da da da da... I got you babe..."

Radio personality - "It's GROUNDHOG DAY. You'd better bundle up cuz it's gonna be coooooold out there"

Bill Murray - "Come on boys, you're playing yesterday's tape."

Don't drive angry.

· Registered
10,179 Posts
Did anyone notice the Rampage that was also in this months C&D?
Saw that, too. Not sure if it's actually going to happen or not. I can't believe that the RL gets so much heat from "real truck" owners when Dodge/RAM came out with a unibody truck thing that has minivan-like sliding rear doors. I know that feature likely won't make it to production, but come on. Just because it's got a Ram on it makes it ok?

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,973 Posts
I like the idea of sliding minivan doors on a truck, wish RL had them. Makes it a lot easier to get in/out as well as pack/retrieve groceries and other items when in a narrow garage or parked between other vehicles. If all vehicles had them, we'd never suffer door dings again!

That Rampage would be nice if it were 3/4 of its concept size....

· Registered
10,179 Posts
I like the idea of sliding minivan doors on a truck, wish RL had them. Makes it a lot easier to get in/out as well as pack/retrieve groceries and other items when in a narrow garage or parked between other vehicles. If all vehicles had them, we'd never suffer door dings again!

I wouldn't mind having them at all, either. Even though the rear doors open up pretty wide, the doors still make it difficult to get certain larger items in and out of the rear seats. If the doors slid back, it would be outrageously convenient. Then again, it would add to the "minivan with a bed" stigma. Oh well. As long as it's functional and useful, I'd drive it every day.

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,973 Posts
I wouldn't mind having them at all, either. Even though the rear doors open up pretty wide, the doors still make it difficult to get certain larger items in and out of the rear seats. If the doors slid back, it would be outrageously convenient. Then again, it would add to the "minivan with a bed" stigma. Oh well. As long as it's functional and useful, I'd drive it every day.
By the same token, one could say the Pilot is a minivan, and therefore all SUVs are minivans. That would sure upset a lot of SUV owners! I don't think we should let "real" truck owners influence the design of the RL or people's willingness to buy it based on what they think of it compared to a "real" truck. Y experience is that those who make those types of comments a re truly fearful that the competition offers something better than what they have. In the end, it essentially amounts to bullying, especially on Internet forums. What's especially sad is how many people will fall victim to it.

· Registered
60 Posts

I have a Mazda 5, and the minivan doors are the best part! They are extremely practical (plus the kids can't damage neighbouring vehicles). I don't know why all SUV's don't have them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.