Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you will like seeing this.

Here is the link.

Car colors: Silver hot, watch for blues
For 2009 model year, PPG predicts blues will be big, yellows and browns will shine.
October 28, 2005: 12:33 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Nobody knows exactly what cars will look like in 2009, but an auto paint company says it knows what colors they'll be.

In their fifth annual study of automotive colors, PPG Industries found the 2005 model year's top colors, and consulted with designers on probable colors for the 2008-2009 model year.

The Pittsburgh-based company found silver the most popular color among North American vehicles this year with 26 percent of the market, followed by white at 16 percent, naturals like gold and copper at 14 percent, red at 13 and blue at 12. Black captured 11 percent, while green was 5 percent and specialty colors came in at 3 percent.

"As predicted, bright silver will remain a favorite in North America and around the world for several years to come due to its appeal among designers to highlight the form and shape of a vehicle," said Lorene Boettcher of PPG in a statement. "We are continuing to explore a variety of advancements in technology that will bring silver closer to a liquid-metal appearance -- the next hottest trend for this hue."

To predict the popularity of colors in several years, PPG's Color Marketing Team developed 130 new colors to present to automotive designers.

"There is a desire to reinvigorate the automotive palette with color," said Boettcher. "Color preference has been in neutral mode for so long that we're now starting to see a push for more colors to emerge and for technology to put a new twist on classic shades. We're looking to take color to the next level."

PPG's color experts predicted four major trends in colors for 2008-2009.

They see blue becoming more popular as liquid-metal and lilac shades are developed. Green will get infusions of sparkle, for distinction, or appear in blue-green shades. Yellows and browns will gain popularity as they grow richer and gain shimmer effects. And reds will return to darker and warmer shades like deep cranberry and wine.

"Incorporating new coatings technologies into color families will continue to be the primary focus of automakers looking to differentiate their vehicle brand," said Jerry Koenigsmark of PPG.

RidgeInTheVille

L

·
0 Posts
RidgeInTheVille said:
I know some of you will like seeing this.

Here is the link.

Car colors: Silver hot, watch for blues
For 2009 model year, PPG predicts blues will be big, yellows and browns will shine.
October 28, 2005: 12:33 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Nobody knows exactly what cars will look like in 2009, but an auto paint company says it knows what colors they'll be.

In their fifth annual study of automotive colors, PPG Industries found the 2005 model year's top colors, and consulted with designers on probable colors for the 2008-2009 model year.

The Pittsburgh-based company found silver the most popular color among North American vehicles this year with 26 percent of the market, followed by white at 16 percent, naturals like gold and copper at 14 percent, red at 13 and blue at 12. Black captured 11 percent, while green was 5 percent and specialty colors came in at 3 percent.

"As predicted, bright silver will remain a favorite in North America and around the world for several years to come due to its appeal among designers to highlight the form and shape of a vehicle," said Lorene Boettcher of PPG in a statement. "We are continuing to explore a variety of advancements in technology that will bring silver closer to a liquid-metal appearance -- the next hottest trend for this hue."

To predict the popularity of colors in several years, PPG's Color Marketing Team developed 130 new colors to present to automotive designers.

"There is a desire to reinvigorate the automotive palette with color," said Boettcher. "Color preference has been in neutral mode for so long that we're now starting to see a push for more colors to emerge and for technology to put a new twist on classic shades. We're looking to take color to the next level."

PPG's color experts predicted four major trends in colors for 2008-2009.

They see blue becoming more popular as liquid-metal and lilac shades are developed. Green will get infusions of sparkle, for distinction, or appear in blue-green shades. Yellows and browns will gain popularity as they grow richer and gain shimmer effects. And reds will return to darker and warmer shades like deep cranberry and wine.

"Incorporating new coatings technologies into color families will continue to be the primary focus of automakers looking to differentiate their vehicle brand," said Jerry Koenigsmark of PPG.

RidgeInTheVille
Great article. Thanks for sharing!! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can we hide this from Ladyridge? We don't need any more fuel on her fire. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol Too late, she already saw it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
RidgeInTheVille said:
lol Too late, she already saw it.
Man, four different typing classes over the years and I can still only get these two index fingers to work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Vehicle Colors ... Present & Future

Great article. Thanks for posting it.

I pefer a color that is not popular with the masses.
I pefer to follow the beat of a different drummer ... ;).
That is one reason I bought the RL, and not a truck owned by the masses.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Wasn't this posted before? Or am I just imaging this same thread has happened once before. In fact I think I even cheered that I had a color that 13% liked. This is just spooky, I guess I need to go digging through my large line of posts.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops!!! Sorry bout that. I just got it in an e-mail and thought it was new. I didn't do a search first to see if it was already posted. :eek: Bad RidgeInTheVille :mad:

If somebody wants to kill this or merge it, please do.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: Vehicle Colors ... Present & Future

JimVickers said:
Great article. Thanks for posting it.

I pefer a color that is not popular with the masses.
I pefer to follow the beat of a different drummer ... ;).
That is one reason I bought the RL, and not a truck owned by the masses.
AMEN!!!! :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
I also got an RL. I didn't want or need anything that the other models had. I do wish that I could have gotten a green one though. It doesn't come in that color for the RL so I got black. What's with all the silver cars? I honestly don't see why this 'color' is so popular other than that it hides dirt well. For me it's about as exciting as an aluminum can.

·
Registered
626 Posts
basils said:
I honestly don't see why this 'color' is so popular other than that it hides dirt well. For me it's about as exciting as an aluminum can.
Oooh, LadyRidge is gonna get you for that one!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Oops, I didn't know......doh!:(

·
Registered
35 Posts
basils said:
I also got an RL. I didn't want or need anything that the other models had. I do wish that I could have gotten a green one though. It doesn't come in that color for the RL so I got black. What's with all the silver cars? I honestly don't see why this 'color' is so popular other than that it hides dirt well. For me it's about as exciting as an aluminum can.
LandRovers (of which I have 2) are alluminum bodied trucks. In some places ,(Brazil was it?) the taxis are rovers. The owners strip all the paint of of them with sandblasters and then clear-coat them. The result is a blindingly bright metalic finish taxi fleet. I wonder if they're easier to keep cool in the summer?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Green IS the BEST Color. Not to mention the secret accessories that Honda put on only the Amazon Green ones.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts