Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have already purchased a G2 RL, we're you able to get insurance with the VIN numbers? My agent didn't find the RL and had to use the pilot to give me a quote.

·
Registered
561 Posts
For those of you who have already purchased a G2 RL, we're you able to get insurance with the VIN numbers? My agent didn't find the RL and had to use the pilot to give me a quote.
Had the same problem, but the agent on the phone just overrode it and I guess based it on my reported auto purchase price.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Same problem here. VIN was not showing up for Geico, but I blamed that on the fact that the G2 wasn't officially released yet when I switched the insurance. They just overrode it and said to let them know if anything changes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Me too. Neither VIN nor 2017 Ridgeline would show up. She gave me a rate and said it was temporary but similar to my previous rate on my 2014 Ridgeline. Company is USAA. She said it make take a week or two to get it sorted out, but I would be covered.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
I've noticed that my VIN gets an error message in most parts databases and VIN decoders. The Honda-tech VIN decoder works wonderfully, but most others give an error message saying it's an unrecognized VIN. I wonder if this is somehow linked to the fact that the COs (the document that Honda provides with every new car serves as a sort of a pre-title) didn't show up right away.

My insurance company, Amica, didn't bat an eye. I read them the VIN over the phone and they said I was insured as of that minute. But you know, I had the sense that something wasn't quite right. I'm going to call them back and check on it.

Thanks for this thread!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
As an early adopter of a G1, it was similar back then.

But everyone needs to follow up if they even slightly have a question.

Would hate for someone to be underinsured with a brand new vehicle.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
AAA of Arizona just kept my rate the same after having to put it in manually and told me that their system would update in a few weeks. Agent was pretty certain the rate would go down due to all of the safety features in the RL. Even the paperwork manager at the dealership told me that she had to do all of the MVD stuff manually as the AZ MVD system would also yet not recognize the RL. I'm sure it will catch up, soon; however, I agree that calling to confirm the rate in a few weeks or a month might not be a bad idea....

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Was able to get insured with GEICO online last night. It didn't seem to fully be able to decode the VIN, but allowed me to fill in the details it was unable to recognize on it's own.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have insurance for the Ridgeline through Progressive. They didn't mention anything about problems with my VIN.

The only company that did ask questions about the VIN was Farm Bureau

Esurance was actually the lowest quote I received by a couple bucks a month

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
I called Amica, my insurance company, to double check that my VIN had been accepted by their system. The rep I talked to assured me that it had been. She also let me know that she was an original buyer of the 2006 G1, so we got to chatting about Ridgelines. She said her husband wants her to get rid of hers but she can't do it. It sounded very familiar.

Reactions: Jbgreen10

·
Registered
7 Posts
Providing you take the time to look for the right kind of policy for your car, then it is possible to save money on car insurance. The insurance only check or insures the VIN or the chasis number for their verification about the vehicle you have, is in good condition and an authenticated one, for future reference use. There are several factors that control how much you pay for auto insurance, get more information here. And especially for RL car, the vehicle usage and life of the vehicle condition and parts is very important.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts