Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
This reviewer purchased his Ridgeline from the same dealership me and CaliforniaRidgeline did. This dealer is moving a lot of Ridgelines. :cool:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Odd that the reviewer complains about some surface scratchs in the bed after moving some furniture, but neglects to mention that it is a composite material-not painted steel. His comments make it sound like Honda cheaped him on a liner instead of providing the most innovative bed on the market!

NO MENTION OF THE TRUNK! Has this moron not discovered it yet?

·
Registered
536 Posts
The bed does scratch quite easily and the scratches are white.

Since it is a plastic bed I don't really care, it's a pickup bed, not a living room table.

I think that this may be a concern for some people who are use to steel beds where any small scratch are potential rust points.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ridge said:
I dnt thnk we shoold jgde peple on how thay spll. :D

Very funny response. However, I agree with how easy it is to scratch the composite material. I read the advance press review where Honda poured a load of rocks into the bed. They claimed no damage. I moved a small dresser and got a nice scratch for my efforts. The surface is certainly more touchy than it should be. I think a black touch up paint from Honda is going to be necessary.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Ridge said:
I dnt thnk we shoold jgde peple on how thay spll. :D
I wouldn't judge people for their spelling on a forum, but for a professional review, if they aren't going to take the time to write correctly, why would I expect that they took the time to do the review correctly?

·
Registered
996 Posts
denvrfan said:
Very funny response. However, I agree with how easy it is to scratch the composite material. I read the advance press review where Honda poured a load of rocks into the bed. They claimed no damage. I moved a small dresser and got a nice scratch for my efforts. The surface is certainly more touchy than it should be. I think a black touch up paint from Honda is going to be necessary.
Don't forget what the kid said. He said a little motor oil will bring it back. Let me know if it works. If it works, I think that would be better than the touch up paint.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
A can of flat black spray Rustoleum might touch it up nice for a special occasion or showing. Just watch the overspray.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was surprised when I checked my server logs and saw that I was getting a lot of hits from this site. Thanks for reading my little review. After reading how bad of a speller I was I went back and threw the copy into word to double. Check. I only found one "it's" and forgot to capitalize "honda". I'll try do better next time. ;-) BTW... thanks for visiting CARazed.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The H and A web site has touch up paint for the bed. If you get it, let us know how it works out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts