Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I invented and built this gadget in a matter of one hour. It will be used on Silver Bullet. Can you guess what it is? I will reveal the answer in 48 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
A desk / writing surface that fits between the dash and the extended console? Just add a clip to hold the paper. Of course the schedule 40 pipe is just to hold it for the photo - right?:confused:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ultra-HOG said:
A desk / writing surface that fits between the dash and the extended console? Just add a clip to hold the paper. Of course the schedule 40 pipe is just to hold it for the photo - right?:confused:
:D I'm glad I came up with this!!!:D Beeeeeeep Wrong my friend. How ya doin Bruce?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
A pedestal for your laptop? The PVC fits in the cup holders.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Will it sit behind the center console with the rear seats folded up? Purpose... to give your dog extra height to stick his head out of the sun roof on a stable platform all the while allowing storage space below and around the pipe??

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If at first you don't succeed...:confused:

How about a platform to hold a laptop between the extended console and the dash?

If that isn't in, I need a hint. Will the pieces of pipe be used as part of the device?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
How do you attach the pipe to the plexiglass?
If it were me, I would have used PVC cement. Good stuff.

L

·
0 Posts
Lingered_I said:
They are tubes for a hood mounted rocket launcher.
***********:eek: ************
lolololol
I say desk for your ivaN/LapTop.
Cool idea Tex. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ultra-HOG said:
If the pipe is part of the device, Webraider nailed it. How do you attach the pipe to the plexiglass?
Jeez I thought I had a good puzzle going!!! WebRaider got it right away. I had a 3" ID PVC pipe at work and a sheet of Abrasion Resistant Plexiglass. Suddenly everything fell into place. The PVC pipes were cut to 51/2 inches with a saw. I had to even the ends level to horizontal with an upright sander unit. I ended with 5 inch tall PVC stands. I rounded all the edges with same. I then had Sonia and myself sit in our corresponding seats, inserted the PVC pipes into the cup hoders, positioned my laptop on the plexiglass pedestal and marked the position. I took everything into the house and SUPERGLUED the plexiglass to the stands. Walla! When the glue sets tomorrow, I will post pics of the laptop on this pedestal.:D :D Man I am so psyched with this wireless laptop technology!!!:D

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Very Cool Tex! Just keep yer eyeballs on the road and let Sonia do the computing!!:p

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's hard to get glues to bond to 2 different surface materials! If superglue does not work, just run a bead of silicon caulk around the pipe and press the plexiglass down and let set overnight! :cool:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mike kennedy said:
It's hard to get glues to bond to 2 different surface materials! If superglue does not work, just run a bead of silicon caulk around the pipe and press the plexiglass down and let set overnight! :cool:
You're right:eek: I got home yesterday, eager to set it up for pics. Picked up the phone book that was weighing the top down. The plexiglass was stuck to the phone book by a small drop of superglue, but the two PVC stands fell off:mad: I'm going to drill and tap some holes and screw the glass to the PVC:)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
5S Dude said:
Very Cool Tex! Just keep yer eyeballs on the road and let Sonia do the computing!!:p
She actually did pretty good at it, on the way home from Independence, OH:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Liquid nails is another option to get them to stick. It comes in clear.

RidgeInTheVille

1 - 20 of 26 Posts