Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fan of the CargoBuckle G3 units for clamping down loads, and while I can easily stick with the S hook type mount and clip them to the tie down hooks, I wanted to see if anyone has had any creative solutions for mounting them, be it to the bed floor, the side walls, the existing tie down mount points, etc.

I just like the thought of having some ready-to-go ratchet points for quick load securement options. If not other reason than simply because sometimes one may just be dumb enough to load materials before opening the trunk to pull out their straps...but not me...

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
I'm a fan of the CargoBuckle G3 units for clamping down loads, and while I can easily stick with the S hook type mount and clip them to the tie down hooks, I wanted to see if anyone has had any creative solutions for mounting them, be it to the bed floor, the side walls, the existing tie down mount points, etc.

I just like the thought of having some ready-to-go ratchet points for quick load securement options. If not other reason than simply because sometimes one may just be dumb enough to load materials before opening the trunk to pull out their straps...but not me...

I was thinking of something like U-channel, like used for sign posts, available at well-stocked hardware stores. I'd like to find a way to bolt these to the tie-down cleats, so that you can attach straps or netting anywhere to the perimeter of the bed.

I just need to get some and start fooling around with them. Could also mount them vertically to the tie-down cleats to build racks, etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I really need to research more on some of the superstrut and Tacoma/Frontier style channel conversions. Or see what folks have done with ETrack. I have all of it available, just not the free time to sit around and work up design ideas, creat proofs of concepts, etc. You know, the funnest part of the project!

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E
144 Posts
@trekra Here's my write-up of my addition of a Tacoma bed rail. Some folks have gone with a standard strut channel, but I wanted something that looked a bit more OEM.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice, thank you @grl94 ! I had previously found and subscribed to some similar threads, but yours looks fantastic. Great write up, and what's more, thank you for taking a moment to share the link to it!

Anyone can come to these communities and throw mud or flames at others for their differing opinions, but what makes all that at least bearable are folks like you who contribute and share content and ideas in a meaningful way. Good on ya!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts