Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
And today its back to normal: only working if plugged in before I start the truck and not working if I unplug and replug while the truck is on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ISSUES SOLVED!!!! For the first several months of ownership, my CarPlay would NOT work unless it was plugged in when the truck was started. Recently, it miraculously started working anytime I plugged it in. Today, though, it went back to its old manners. It turns out that I have had an iPod plugged in to the center console USB port since day one. Apparently, having it plugged in prevents CarPlay from working unless you plug the phone in before you start up. With the iPod unplugged, CarPlay works all the time from the front USB. Who would have guessed it! Problem solved!

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
611 Posts
ISSUES SOLVED!!!! For the first several months of ownership, my CarPlay would NOT work unless it was plugged in when the truck was started. Recently, it miraculously started working anytime I plugged it in. Today, though, it went back to its old manners. It turns out that I have had an iPod plugged in to the center console USB port since day one. Apparently, having it plugged in prevents CarPlay from working unless you plug the phone in before you start up. With the iPod unplugged, CarPlay works all the time from the front USB. Who would have guessed it! Problem solved!
This could be why CarPlay won’t work on my truck. I also have an IPod plugged in to the center console. Thanks.

Reactions: blz2dwl

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Deep Scarlet Pearl
57 Posts
This past weekend I traveled in a new Tacoma, and it Carplay worked flawlesslely the whole time. That really pissed me off.
2020 is the first year Toyota even offered Apple Car Play in the Tacoma. That tells me Toyota has smarter electronics engineers than Honda..........It truly is a bummer.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts