Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rolled in with my newest toy, an Apilia Mille Factory V-Twin. Full Akrapovich exhaust. Ohlins all the way around....

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Aprilia.

It looks great in the back.

Have fun. Ride safe. Everyone else on the road is out to kill you.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Nox! You be careful with that thing! You did take the basic and the advanced D.O.T. Motorcycle Safety Course - right? You cant ride it until you pass both of them! And you must wear a helmet and the propper riding gear, understand young man!! I don't wanna hear no excuses....

Sorry, just being a dad.

Very, very nice bike! Congratulations and enjoy it while being safe.

Actually, there is much truth in humor, sometimes. My feeble attempt at humor actually has a serious side. I have been riding for a long time and have had my share of mishaps. Many of them, in hind site, were my fault and were preventable. I took the DOT MSF class about three or four years ago and it absolutely changed the way that I ride and the way that I drive. I am a far safer rider now than I was for many years, I just didn't know or understand what I was doing wrong that was so dangerous. I can't say enough good things about it. If you have not taken the course, please, do whatever it takes to take it. It can make the difference between life and death - no kidding!

Best regards,
Dad, er, Ultra-HOG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ultra-HOG said:
Nox! You be careful with that thing! You did take the basic and the advanced D.O.T. Motorcycle Safety Course - right? You cant ride it until you pass both of them! And you must wear a helmet and the propper riding gear, understand young man!! I don't wanna hear no excuses....

Sorry, just being a dad.

Very, very nice bike! Congratulations and enjoy it while being safe.

Actually, there is much truth in humor, sometimes. My feeble attempt at humor actually has a serious side. I have been riding for a long time and have had my share of mishaps. Many of them, in hind site, were my fault and were preventable. I took the DOT MSF class about three or four years ago and it absolutely changed the way that I ride and the way that I drive. I am a far safer rider now than I was for many years, I just didn't know or understand what I was doing wrong that was so dangerous. I can't say enough good things about it. If you have not taken the course, please, do whatever it takes to take it. It can make the difference between life and death - no kidding!

Best regards,
Dad, er, Ultra-HOG
Nope... I've been riding for the last 20 years or so.. never did go to the MSF class. However, I ride better protected than 99% of all the riders out there. I do not ride without full leathers... either a one piece track suit or a two piece zippered suit from Dainese, Vanson or Ku****ani.

As for riding class... my next riding class is going to be on the track at Buttonwillow race track.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I hear you, but I am still certain that you will benefit from the class. I have been riding since 1974 (please, don't do the math!) and thought that I was pretty darn good. When everyone that I spoke to, many that had race experience and/or more experience than I have, spoke so highly of the course, I just had to listen. Everyone was so excited that they went on and on about what they learned and about how they understood now about what they did wrong when they went down. I can tell you that I was in the group of bikers that thought that I knew it all and I didn't need to take no damn motorcycle course after all these years. I was wrong. I, too, learned a lot. A side benefit is that I actually enjoy riding even more now. Please reconsider.

Here ends the rant... :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great shot Nox, LOVE the white Ridge :D Not to bypass your bike but I kept looking at how nice the running boards looked on the white truck too !! :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
See...the truck not only looks great, but it can actually be used for hauling! Who said the Ridge was not a real truck?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Love the bike. I used to own a 2001 Mille, with a full Renegade system... I absolutely loved that bike.
Unfortunatelly, I never used it (since starting track days in the late 90s and racing NSRs since 04, I lost all desire to ride on the street). I think I rode it for less than 300 miles in one year of ownership.

I do have some questions, since I plan on buying a RL soon: What kind of ramp do you use, and how well does it fit in the bed with the bike allready strapped on? Did you buy the bed-extender? Does the bike fit with the bed-etender in place?

cheers!
JM

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Hey Nox, Your new toy is beautiful! Enjoy them both.

Can you post the dates for your Buttonwillow escapade? Les Phillips takes care of the Tire Center at the track and we’ve been there for the Vintage Cars and Shifter Kart racing but never for the Street Bikes. This facility sounds like a great place for a ROC meet & greets for SoCal ROC-heads that are also bike heads for a get together huh? ROC-On!……..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nox said:
Just rolled in with my newest toy, an Apilia Mille Factory V-Twin. Full Akrapovich exhaust. Ohlins all the way around....

i do not say this much but what is that I guess I am not a bike guy
Looks sweet though
LOL:confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nox said:

First you have class for owning a RL. Then you show us this. The Factory is not the fastest when compared to an inline 4. But twins eat there asses in the corners. Great bike. I have been eyeballin the same one at the Aprilia shop down the hill. You picked the best bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts