2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars.com Names Top Vehicles for Summer Road Trips

Best for a camping trip: Honda Ridgeline pickup truck

The Honda Ridgeline is the first pickup with a trunk, accessed by raising
the cargo floor's rear section. What does this give you? Covered, secure
storage, an open pickup bed and a cabin big enough for five people -- or two
people and a couple of mountain bikes, wheels attached. Fill the trunk with
ice to store your food; you can open the drains once it melts.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
After reading a half page review of the ridgeline in our local paper today, I tried to find it on their web site to post a reference to for others to see. No luck, I could not find it anywhere. It was a typical generic review with nothing unusual. No coincidence that the other half of the page was a color add for the Ridgeline. It was good to see that. It was the first decent add that I have seen in print for the ridgeline. The newspaper is "The Centre Daily Times", www.centredaily.com. The article was titled "Performance & refinement", "Behind the wheel of the Honda Ridgeline". I googled the title of the review and came up empty. I did find a list of 13 reviews, some are now dated, on cars.com that may be interesting. You can go to cars.com and search for all reviews, then select Ridgeline. You can try http://research.cars.com/go/crp/reviews.jsp?ASSET_TYPE=Affiliate+Review%2CBuying+Guide%2CVehicle+Profile&revlogtype=17&makeid=18&modelid=7791&year=2006 for the direct link. I did search the ROC for "cars.com" and did not find any reference to the reviews mentioned above. If there are references to them elsewhere on the ROC and I missed them please post the info so that I can delete this post as it could lead to misleading people into thinking that this is new information.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I have to agree that it's the best ride for a camping trip or commuting or to run errands or to just drive. . .

·
Registered
774 Posts
Not to mention it's hot lookin :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Both of these articles are interesting. The one UH posted is the first time I have heard a reason as to why the driver doesn't have a vanity mirror. Either way, I have to agree with most of it, I actually found the Ridgeline to be a great road trip vehicle this summer. Although if you looked at what I was carting along it was almost like a camping trip where we camped out in hotels ;).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts