Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
One of my co-workers had the catalytic converter stolen from his early 2000鈥檚 Accord Coupe, said dealerships were stating 2-4 weeks for a new one, made about a dozen calls trying to find one and couldn鈥檛 find anything new/used in Southern California...

@smufguy funny you suggested lowering it, I had similar thoughts earlier today. I鈥檓 also considering finding a flanged straight pipe and just removing it and leave it stored in the garage until needed...

And no I haven鈥檛 done any research on if a source for a flanged straight pipe exists, so if it鈥檚 something someone knows what to order and from where, I will take suggestions.

Reactions: Sparkland

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Summit Racing has cats from AP Exhaust and Walker for about 130 bucks and will ship either today or tomorrow. These need to be welded on and not a direct fit and with the cat sawed off, one would have to redo the pipe anyway. This is the one under the vehicle.
Catco and Magnaflow are on a price category of their own ($600+) for direct fit on the front and rear banks.

Super Moderator
Summit Racing has cats from AP Exhaust and Walker for about 130 bucks and will ship either today or tomorrow. These need to be welded on and not a direct fit and with the cat sawed off, one would have to redo the pipe anyway. This is the one under the vehicle.
Catco and Magnaflow are on a price category of their own ($600+) for direct fit on the front and rear banks.
For what, @smufguy 06-08 Ridgeline or @Sparkland son's Element or my Co-Workers Accord, he dumped it at an Honda Specific Junkyard for about a grand???

Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
My son got the new catalytic converter and the anti-theft device installed on his Element, yesterday. Looks.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
Can't just drill those bolts off before using the reciprocating saw?
I am fairly certain it would not be that easy, but I am not sure how it attaches because I did not help with the installation. Here is a different view from the website. I imagine the thief will not want to spend the time to saw off all the bolts, but they might depending upon how desperate they are for money.

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Super Moderator
@zroger73 I think you show up with a reciprocating saw and probably don鈥檛 also have a drill with you. So now you 鈥渞eturn with a drill鈥, thieves really don鈥檛 like returning to the scene of the crime.

Now, back to the topic at hand, G1 & G2 3rd Cat protection?

I have another idea, how about 3rd Cat deletion, even if only temporarily? Anyone know of a source that can be easily acquired through semi reputable sources?

I understand the legal issues, and for myself even the ability to ship it to me in California.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
From the image, it does look like many of the bolt holes are vacant and I think drilling those out wouldn't be hard. but to @Carsmak 's point, any additional steps are just potential avenues for the thieves to get caught.

I prefer the underbelly pan, almost like the underbody splitter or underbody panels.

This company, has some nice ideas. https://getcatsecurity.com/

Super Moderator
Moderator Note: Thread Moved as all Generations of Ridgeline's are affected, as are other vehicles

Reactions: zroger73

Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
Now, we just have to go the Police Auction and identify our old cat.

Ulices Venzor Found Passed Out Inside Stolen Vehicle With Guns, 20 Catalytic Converters (msn.com)

"Approximately 20 catalytic converters were found in the back seat of the vehicle. Each one is valued about $1,500. Deputies also found about 50 credit cards, an unknown amount of methamphetamine, and several silver coins that are suspected of being taken during a burglary."

You can now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Reactions: zroger73

Premium Member
2018 RTL-T
Saw this on the internet, no where close to me鈥ut it may just be CARma!
The Columbian, oregonlive.com27 mins ago........

Mercedes tumbles off jack, kills suspected catalytic converter thief
The man who died Thursday when a car fell on him while he was allegedly attempting to steal its catalytic converter was identified as a 29-year-old Kent Raymond Williams of Vancouver, The Columbian reports. The Clark County Medical Examiner鈥檚 Office, which released the ID, determined that Williams died of traumatic asphyxia from compression of the torso.

Four Seasons Auto Repair and Tire Center owner Faazan Ahmed said the man was seen on surveillance video around 2 a.m. jacking up a silver Mercedes parked in the shop鈥檚 parking lot. The jack tipped over and the car fell, crushing him.

The man鈥檚 body wasn鈥檛 discovered until after 7 a.m., when Ahmed said someone next door to his shop noticed the man under a car.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
@Bill_R , I saw something similar few weeks back about a vehicle falling off the jack and killing the thief. Loss of life is sad, esp for something that stupid, but I can argue that they had it coming.

Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
Reactions: Carsmak

Super Moderator
And that's the truth. There's no "hanging" for stealing the horse anymore. Now it's a petty slap on the wrist and back onto the streets. We need a little bit more of the wild west days again to come back around to sense of dignity and purpose in peoples lives. (forced purpose and termination if not)

Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
From looking over this discussion again, there must not be any viable sources for a catalytic convertor anti-theft device for the G1-G2 Ridgeline.

Registered
From looking over this discussion again, there must not be any viable sources for a catalytic convertor anti-theft device for the G1-G2 Ridgeline.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts