Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2010 RTL w/Nav. While the truck was still on warranty the cd changer jammed and could not be cleared. Honda replaced not only the cd changer but the entire display/nav/cd unit with a refurbished unit. Now that we are off warranty the cd changer has failed again. There are six discs in the changer and none will play nor eject. Called Honda and they want to replace the entire unit again for a price that is insane. It appears that just the cd changer part should be replaceable. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Would it be possible to replace the changer with a single disc unit? We are just looking to get another year out of the truck so big money is not an option.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Try pulling the fuse (or disconnect the battery) for 2 minutes. You'll have to reprogram your stations afterwards, and maybe reset the driver's auto-window. It might give the changer a chance to reset it's logic.

Next step would be to remove the unit and attempt a repair, or replace it.

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
Having Refurbished car audio for a few years while in college, I can tell you that most CD Changer units have a manual override where with like a pen or paperclip you can manually actuate and retrieve your CD's. If your plans are to have it working again, I'd personally be looking here on the trading post, maybe with a WTB Post and look at ebay and craigslist to see if someone who has replaced/upgraded their unit has one around somewhere.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I'll give the fuse trick a try when I get a chance later today. If that doesn't work I'll start checking the trading post and other internet sources.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I'll give the fuse trick a try when I get a chance later today. If that doesn't work I'll start checking the trading post and other internet sources.
Be sure to report back ! !

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be sure to report back ! !
The fuse removal didn't work. Same problem exists. I know most single CD units have a way to force an ejection, usually by inserting a paperclip or other thin object into a hole. There is nothing on the face of this unit and going any further will apparently require removal of the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts