Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently started having some issues with my radio on my RTL, which has the CD changer behind the Nav screen. One of the CD's got stuck. In the process of trying to get it out, the screen got stuck down. I took apart the the CD changer and got the disks out, but probably broke something in the process and it still won't work. I never really use it, so I just wanted to ignore it, not get the screen stuck down again and not have to listen to it try to work everytime I started the truck up. So, after looking around, I found a video which shows how to uncouple the circuit board from the CD player, leaving the Nav working, but disabling the CD player. Right around the same time this was happening, my aux jack started to fail. When jostling the cable, I could tell that there was a bad connector, which sensed if the cable was plugged in. I found a page on the forum which discussed how to relocate the plug, which explained how to short the blue and yellow wires to make it think the cable was always connected. This worked great, so I wanted to pass the information on.

This video will show you how to disconnect your CD player, without loosing all the nav screen functionality. It helped me when my CD had a jammed CD and was showing MECH ERROR. In some of my troubleshooting, my screen got stuck down. This can help both issues.

Also, I recently had my Aux jack start to fail, where it would not allow me to select the aux input, or if I did, it would quickly switch back to the radio. It seems that the contacts which detect if an aux plug is plugged in, was going bad. To fix this, I pulled out the jack, took it apart and soldered together the pins which correspond with the Blue and Yellow wires.

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
@flipp3r, you did quite a bit of work on that head unit. Good job troubleshooting this issue. Thank you for sharing the video and photos. I am sure they will help someone here on the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts