Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly my CD player stops playing on random tracks but if I skip ahead a couple songs it start playing again. It works fine for a few songs then does it again. Radio works fine though.
does this sound like something you’ve dealt with? If so what was the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suddenly my CD player stops playing on random tracks but if I skip ahead a couple songs it start playing again. It works fine for a few songs then does it again. Radio works fine though.
does this sound like something you’ve dealt with? If so what was the issue?
Did you have any luck resolving the CD player issue?

·
Administrator
21,215 Posts
A couple of decades ago when I still used CD's, I had a lens cleaning disc that had a couple of little brushes on it that was claimed to clean the dust off the lens and restore operation. I was never successful in restoring operation to a CD player using this cleaning disc.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS
150 Posts
Does it skip on more than one disc? A possible solution would be to see if your local library has a CD/DVD repair machine. It melts the surface of the disc just enough to get rid of microscratches and small defects that cause the player to skip. Old school DVD rental stores used to have them, but good luck finding one of those...

·
Registered
2007 RTL - 200k miles
98 Posts
I have on 07 RTL with Nav. My CD player has never really worked (bought used in 2016). I tried the cleaning disc and several different CDs, but it always seems to skip so much that it's unusable. I gave up and started to use the AUX port to play music from my phone. Then the AUX port wore out and now I have a Bluetooth FM transmitter.

Need to get a new head unit with bluetooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts