Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it my deck, or has anybody else experienced this? If I switch from CD to radio, the volume is much lower and I have to bump the volume up 5-10 notches (and vice-versa from radio to CD). Try it for yourself and let me know if I have a bum deck.

Oh, and my fader control works when it wants to...sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
72 Posts
From my experience ALL or almost all stereos have a audio gain (volume) difference from CD to radio. Even from CD to CD volumes can be drastic.

As far as youir fader is concerned... this is another issue.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Mine's the same. Much louder CD than FM. No problem with the fader though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You'll also find that if you set the bass and treble for the radio that the bass and treble may be different for the CD player. I believe with Honda each of the control sets are specific to what you are doing with the radio. At least that's how it works with my Element.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The thing I'm noticing with the fader is you need to pause at the "C" position for a couple of seconds then you can proceed. This is happening with the subwoofer control as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's weird that way...pause on "C"...makes me take my eyes off the road longer than necessary to perform such a task. Showed it to my service guy and he's looking into it for me. The bass and treble seem to work fine, which is strange.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
265 Posts
Same problem here.....It's worse when you have your Sirius radio coming through the FM transmitter. I have the volume cranked (40) and it's barely loud enough (For me anyway). I just switched over to using an aux. input adaptor (Soundgate SnHond3), and the problem is a little better, but the CD volume is still the loudest............

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keoni said:
Is it my deck, or has anybody else experienced this? If I switch from CD to radio, the volume is much lower and I have to bump the volume up 5-10 notches (and vice-versa from radio to CD). Try it for yourself and let me know if I have a bum deck.

Oh, and my fader control works when it wants to...sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Aloha,
Keoni

Yep I have the same volume problem on my RTS. It's the worst I have experienced. The giant volume difference sometimes startles me and is very troubling. I also have a Honda Odyssey and the volume is also different, but not nearlly as bad as the Ridgleline. I think I have also had the fader problem as well (once), but I am not positive.

·
Registered
90 Posts
rtpjunior said:
Same problem here.....It's worse when you have your Sirius radio coming through the FM transmitter. I have the volume cranked (40) and it's barely loud enough (For me anyway). I just switched over to using an aux. input adaptor (Soundgate SnHond3), and the problem is a little better, but the CD volume is still the loudest............
Tell me about it! I had my sirius starmate replay in my other car hooked up to my after market Pioneer deck using an aux adaptor, and I just put transfered the starmate to the ridge today. WOW does it sound horrible. Not only is there a huge difference in volume, but the sound is really bad, I get rattles from the tweeters by the windshield. almost sounds as if they are blown, but I know they aren't, because they sound fine with FM, and Cd's at high volumes. I am hooking it up through the FM transmitter in the Ridge, and I know quality is a lot worse than I had hooked up in the previous vehicle, with the aux adaptor but It shouldn't sound that bad, should it? Wonder if it's static thru the FM stations I am broadcasting thru? Anyone know?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Jay said:
Tell me about it! I had my sirius starmate replay in my other car hooked up to my after market Pioneer deck using an aux adaptor, and I just put transfered the starmate to the ridge today. WOW does it sound horrible. Not only is there a huge difference in volume, but the sound is really bad, I get rattles from the tweeters by the windshield. almost sounds as if they are blown, but I know they aren't, because they sound fine with FM, and Cd's at high volumes. I am hooking it up through the FM transmitter in the Ridge, and I know quality is a lot worse than I had hooked up in the previous vehicle, with the aux adaptor but It shouldn't sound that bad, should it? Wonder if it's static thru the FM stations I am broadcasting thru? Anyone know?
Have you tried adjusting the audio output level on the Starmate?

TL

·
Registered
90 Posts
tlaudio said:
Have you tried adjusting the audio output level on the Starmate?

TL
Yeah, it still sounds bad no matter what level it is. I have decided that it's static interference. If I mute the starmate there is quite a bit of static coming thru the speakers. no matter which frequency I put the starmate on, static seems to bleed thru.:( I've tried just about every FM frequency too! I just can't figure this thing out. My friend came by today and has a sportster in his 04 Civic Si, and has it hooked up thru the built in FM modulator, and he is getting no static interference.I've tried the frequency he has his on, and it just does not sound good at all.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had the same issue with my XM Skyfi2. A constant high pitched buzz and some random static using wireless FM mod. Ended up installing a Soundgate AUX adapter & Ground loop isolator. Now the sound is perfect!

Volume is still different when switching from XM to CD.

BTW - I have an RTS w/o factory XM.

TL

·
Registered
90 Posts
tlaudio said:
I had the same issue with my XM Skyfi2. A constant high pitched buzz and some random static using wireless FM mod. Ended up installing a Soundgate AUX adapter & Ground loop isolator. Now the sound is perfect!

Volume is still different when switching from XM to CD.

BTW - I have an RTS w/o factory XM.

TL
wonder if that would work in my RT?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The factory XM and CD's are about the same volume. FM transmission is lower. Have noticed that in aftermarket decks where CD is louder than FM. I attributed it to radio waves vs direct digital sound. In either case, I expected the CD to win.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts