Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a upholstry cleaner for the Ridgeline's cabin ceiling fabric? The last thing I want to do is us a cleaner that will tarnish the original color. I have to black spots on the ceiling, probably a lil grime from oil. Will GOOP or SHOUT work for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Before you start putting any cleaner agents on your upholstery, I would seriously recommend to try removing with a wet washcloth first. If you decide to use a cleaning agent and it does not remove the stain, the chemical process may set the stain deeper or permanently.
A good carpet and upholstery cleaning company should be able to steam extract the stains with no problems.

Most fabrics today are scotchgard or dupont teflon protected. This is why water should do the trick.
Use a wash cloth because it is not abrasive and should not damage the nap if you are careful
Good Luck,
Jules

·
Registered
171 Posts
I stopped at Honda in Bradenton with my old CRV and the technician grabbed a can of aerosol that he used to spot treat some marks on my headliner. Sorry, but I only noticed it was a white can with blue lettering. Maybe it is a Honda product??? The spots looked like "rust or smoke" and whatever he used, it worked nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts