Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm knew to the forum and a knew RL owner. We bought a 2008 used RL with 36k two weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

The only issue we've found is that our cell phone chargers don't work in any of the three 12v/120 watt outlets. I've got a Moto Droid, he has a Samsung and an LG for work and none of the cell phone chargers work in the RL but work just fine in his work truck.

The owner's manual seems to indicate that chargers like this won't work in the outlets, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. We're thinking it's a fuse or possibly a wiring issue but I wanted to check here, first, to see if there's anything we're missing. Is this a familiar issue at all?

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Did you turn the key to power the outlets - they do not work with the key removed or in the 0 position. If the radio is not powered neither are the power outlets.

If you search the ROC you can find a modification to make the front or the rear outlet hot all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, we made sure the key was turned so accessories were on and no dice, power-wise. Tried it with the motor running as well, still no joy.

We'll check the fuse next and if that's fine call the dealer. Thank you for the responses.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Some chargers don't fit some HONDA power sockets.

Do you have another 'car toy' you can try to see if it's got juice (or a volt meter)?

There was a recall / TSB on the newer CR-V's because too many toys wouldn't work. HONDA changed the sockets.

The fuse numbers will come up with a search.

:act018:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.