Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an update (to another thread) on what I originally thought was dried bird droppings that I couldn't get off my roof...ended up being a spot of cement. Took it in to a local bodyshop. The guy worked on it about an hour and did a decent job on it. There's a couple of chipped places and some sort of pattern that remained in the paint. Not sure it would be worth repainting the roof no worse than it is. The chips don't appear to go all the way to the metal and touch up paint would probably make it look worse, so I probably won't mess with it anymore.

Anway, to remove the stuff involved:
1) Soaking in some sort of liquid that I couldn't tell what it was.
2) Meticulous scraping with a razor blade "scraper".
3) Sand paper
4) Rubbing compound (industrial strength).
5) Microfinishing polish (industrial strength).
6) Then I put a coat of wax on when I got home.

The guy working on it didn't charge me at all for it (I did tip him).
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Ok..here's a dumb question?????:confused:
How did you get cement on your roof??:rolleyes: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ladyridge said:
Ok..here's a dumb question?????:confused:
How did you get cement on your roof??:rolleyes: :eek:
Well, I didn't put it there! :(

Best I can figure is that it dropped on there from one of the two bridge work locations on my daily drive to and fro work.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
swampler said:
Well, I didn't put it there! :(

Best I can figure is that it dropped on there from one of the two bridge work locations on my daily drive to and fro work.
Maybe a cement pigeon!!! :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
swampler said:
The chips don't appear to go all the way to the metal and touch up paint would probably make it look worse, so I probably won't mess with it anymore.
I wonder if the Chipmender pen from H&A would help you out with this?

Glad to hear you got it worked out... gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "clay pigeon", eh? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
Strange. Glad to hear you reached a "concrete" solution. :D
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top