Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this is a common problem with older vehicles. what say the hive on the best way to fix? ive seen "cover" on ebay which look cheap. i can remove and recover myself if i had an exact color match. its a very light tan.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
What the heck....something has spilled on that. Auto upholstery shop would be best bet. Especially to match as close as possible to original color.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
im sure this is a common problem with older vehicles. what say the hive on the best way to fix? ive seen "cover" on ebay which look cheap. i can remove and recover myself if i had an exact color match. its a very light tan.

NOT a common problem..... I can only suggest ^^^^^^ what STUV said... unless you want to spend hours calling salvage yards trying to find another used one. I wouldn't worry that you would suffer the same problem again.... I've never seen or heard of that kind of separation. Looks like some kind of oil (or other chemical) was left on it for a while.

If you're going to ditch it anyway.... you "could" try hitting it with a hot hair dryer or gently with a heat gun to see if you can get any shrinkage that might pull it tight again??? Totally trial & error that could make it worse.... but if you're going to get it fixed, you've got nothing to lose with an experiment like that.

Good Luck!

·
Administrator
16,088 Posts
Whoa. That's...unsightly. Never seen that before! The front corner of the "leather" (vinyl) armrest in my 2010 started getting sticky after a few years where my lotioned-up elbow rested. I bought a new console lid and replaced it which was cheaper, faster, and easier than having it re-covered.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Had same thing happen on my 09, though only 2 spots the size of quarters. Replaced the factory fake leather with a real leather replacement a guy sold on ebay. It was gray and very close in color. Think it was like $35 bucks but you have to install. Wasn't too hard and came out looking like factory. Over the year or two that I had it, the leather has matched the car leather more as it worn in and gotten dirty like everything else. So far still looks great and would recommend if your handy at fixing things to make it look good.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Whoa. That's...unsightly. Never seen that before! The front corner of the "leather" (vinyl) armrest in my 2010 started getting sticky after a few years where my lotioned-up elbow rested. I bought a new console lid and replaced it which was cheaper, faster, and easier than having it re-covered.
^^^^^^^^^^^ WHAT HE SAID !
($79. + shipping @ bernardiparts.com)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i first ordered a replacement piece of leather that i would have had to install myself. the seller said it would be "a good match" to my beige interior. well it wasnt. no where close.

so i returned it and just bought a factory replacement sliding lid from Honda. took 3 hands to get the old one off but it matches perfectly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem. Please tell me how you dis-assembled the armrest. I was only able to find 6 Torx screws. None of them allowed me to take it apart.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How do you remove the center arm rest and get at the cover..?

Had same thing happen on my 09, though only 2 spots the size of quarters. Replaced the factory fake leather with a real leather replacement a guy sold on ebay. It was gray and very close in color. Think it was like $35 bucks but you have to install. Wasn't too hard and came out looking like factory. Over the year or two that I had it, the leather has matched the car leather more as it worn in and gotten dirty like everything else. So far still looks great and would recommend if your handy at fixing things to make it look good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How do you slide the center console lid off?

i first ordered a replacement piece of leather that i would have had to install myself. the seller said it would be "a good match" to my beige interior. well it wasnt. no where close.

so i returned it and just bought a factory replacement sliding lid from Honda. took 3 hands to get the old one off but it matches perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts