Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Ridgeline RTL. Daughter drove yesterday and thinks console gear indications should be backlit. I don’t think they ever have been. Checked what I think should be fuses with no luck . Should there be a back light and which d/box should I check?also no back light on HVAC controls.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am almost certain it is consistent among trim levels, the gear shift selector letters are indeed backlit. Which is one thing I HATED when I test drove the passport. The electronic gear shift selector buttons were not backlit and at night the only way you would know which button to press is to have memorized their locations. Granted the D button did have a green outline light but none of the others did. Anyway I digress, not sure which fuse it would be under been checking out some diagrams online but nothing jumps out as directly related to that one. Also the A/C controls are not backlit when the headlights are off. Simply a white on black contrast.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My sport gear selector did not have a back light for the first 300 miles I owned it. Then one random night I notice it was on. Then it turn off till I gave it a nice tap. Has been working great ever since.

Btw It comes on with headlights on.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just went since it is dark. Console shifter is backlit as are the HVAC buttons. I don’t know if the dash light adjustment affects these but maybe trying brightening the dash. The switch to the right of the cluster and behind the steering wheel and windshield wiper stalk.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just went since it is dark. Console shifter is backlit as are the HVAC buttons. I don’t know if the dash light adjustment affects these but maybe trying brightening the dash. The switch to the right of the cluster and behind the steering wheel and windshield wiper stalk.
Changing the instrument cluster brightness will change the backlighting brightness for other controls, as well as the trim lighting on RTL-E and BE models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts