Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a 'gadget guy', I have a scan gauge that I'd like to mount in the area where we have that small cubby (where the optional cd player would be). I want to make a small hole in the back of the cubby to run the wire through. The best way to do this would be to remove the trim panel and drill the hole on the work bench (not knowing what's behind that shelf). Has any one removed this piece yet? If so, how did you go about it?

If no one knows, no big deal. It's not a priority, lol.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Being a 'gadget guy', I have a scan gauge that I'd like to mount in the area where we have that small cubby (where the optional cd player would be). I want to make a small hole in the back of the cubby to run the wire through. The best way to do this would be to remove the trim panel and drill the hole on the work bench (not knowing what's behind that shelf). Has any one removed this piece yet? If so, how did you go about it?

If no one knows, no big deal. It's not a priority, lol.
Based on a link someone provided me previously, I've been using the sources below to get a handle on the parts and (sometimes) how they are put together. After you enter your make/model, etc., look for 'Interior'. Hope this helps.

OEM Honda Parts at up to 50% off MSRP | Welcome to the Honda Parts Network.

Buy OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online at Honda Parts Overstock

Reactions: Max57

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
Use the CD player installation instructions.

I tried to post a link, but it keeps coming up as blocked. Search google for it.
LOL wanna put a CD player in... piece a cake (eyes roll), I would say a bit labor intensive for a CD player. But here is the info:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,263 Posts
Yep, that fixed it... ;)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm interested in how this turns out for you. We have a scanguage II that we haven't mounted anywhere or used in the truck yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm interested in how this turns out for you. We have a scanguage II that we haven't mounted anywhere or used in the truck yet.
That's the same gauge I have which I'd like to mount. In the past. I've mounted then either above the rear view mirror or at the bottom of the instrument panel. Really can't do either place in the RL without blocking the lower part on the instrument panel which shows what gear you're in and there's really no room above the mirror.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
That's the same gauge I have which I'd like to mount. In the past. I've mounted then either above the rear view mirror or at the bottom of the instrument panel. Really can't do either place in the RL without blocking the lower part on the instrument panel which shows what gear you're in and there's really no room above the mirror.
Does it actually kind of fit in the cubby hole? Or just in front of it? The scanguage and the truck are in two different locations. LOL

We were going to put it in the Subaru forester, but we hadn't found a good spot there either, since the ham radio and speaker took up the most convient areas already.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does it actually kind of fit in the cubby hole? Or just in front of it? The scanguage and the truck are in two different locations. LOL

We were going to put it in the Subaru forester, but we hadn't found a good spot there either, since the ham radio and speaker took up the most convient areas already.
It actually fits very well, top to bottom. I put a thin layer of rubber shelf padding under the gauge which resulted in a nice tight fit. The gauge isn't as long as the cubby so it leave a small amount of room on either side where you could place a pen or something similar

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It actually fits very well, top to bottom. I put a thin layer of rubber shelf padding under the gauge which resulted in a nice tight fit. The gauge isn't as long as the cubby so it leave a small amount of room on either side where you could place a pen or something similar
Now that sounds great!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the center of the bottom part of the tray is a raised bump. Maybe to stop things from sliding left to right. That can be shaved off with a chisel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just an alternative thought for other readers... I have Lemur's BlueDriver ODBII Bluetooth unit. I purchased a magnetic Smart Phone holder and mounted it in the small forward window pane on the drivers door. That places the smart phone within easy reach and in line with my view while driving. The unit allows you to display parameters via graphs or numerics while driving (primarily to monitor coolant temp for my Muzzler). The system works really well with no wires or holes in the vehicle. In addition, should I ever experience an issue requiring diagnostics, I can bring my iPad Pro 9.7 and have a very large display while analyzing the vehicles parameters. An additional note, I emailed Lemur and asked if there was/is a parameter that would indicate VCM engagement. They said with the current configuration no but, they are about to do an "alternative parameter" review... Maybe there is hope for a "VCM On" indicator...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts