Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Got the 5 yr coat done today. Looks pretty glossy and very slippery.

oh ya my work mates use to make fun of me when i would get a scratch on a vehicle. they would say oh he’s gonna trade it because he got a scratch. Which is almost true ha ha.

I was just putting a screen protector on the screen but in the process of lifting it back off to reorient it I actually slipped my fingernail under the real screen and peeled the corner up a teeny bit and I can see it and I don’t like it. I do not know if that something that can just be removed and replaced. I need to find out but for now I’ll try not to look at it, ouch. 🤨🤣

·
Registered
22 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
40 Posts
Your truck's looking good. I react the same way to things like that. My RL has a tiny nick in the screen that must have come from the factory that way, or maybe caused by the dealership?? I'm trying to just let it go because life is short and I need to not stress over the small stuff, ha! Had mine ceramic coated too (first time I've ever done that to a vehicle) and man they sure do look great with that coating. Cheers to you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Just waiting for the Tonneau cover and just drive it. 😊

Your truck's looking good. I react the same way to things like that. My RL has a tiny nick in the screen that must have come from the factory that way, or maybe caused by the dealership?? I'm trying to just let it go because life is short and I need to not stress over the small stuff, ha! Had mine ceramic coated too (first time I've ever done that to a vehicle) and man they sure do look great with that coating. Cheers to you!

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E
12 Posts
View attachment 428550
View attachment 428551

oh ya my work mates use to make fun of me when i would get a scratch on a vehicle. they would say oh he’s gonna trade it because he got a scratch. Which is almost true ha ha.

I was just putting a screen protector on the screen but in the process of lifting it back off to reorient it I actually slipped my fingernail under the real screen and peeled the corner up a teeny bit and I can see it and I don’t like it. I do not know if that something that can just be removed and replaced. I need to find out but for now I’ll try not to look at it, ouch. 🤨🤣
Looks awesome! Funny that you posted this, I was looking around to see if anyone had done this as I am getting mine done tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
$1400 for 5 yr. I already forgot what brand this guy uses but that’s the trick is there’s so many out there that aren’t really very good
‘You are making me really look into it.

I have been old school and wax often but the ceramic looks like the way to go.

thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
$1400 for 5 yr. I already forgot what brand this guy uses but that’s the trick is there’s so many out there that aren’t really very good
‘That is the problem. $1400 is a lot of money, well worth it for 5 years, but how do we know who to choose to apply it and which product is the best?

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T FWD
2,728 Posts
If there was a “best” product, there would only be one product, no?

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E modern metal metallic
51 Posts
View attachment 428550
View attachment 428551

I have same color pictures do not do justice you have to see it to believe it. I had mine done at ceramic pros in Dublin ca. 1200 for 5 years with windshield treatment and inside and out detail. My truck never looked so good!!!!

·
Registered
22 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
40 Posts
When I took mine in for ceramic coating the guys were about to do a Bentley Bentayga. They unlocked it to let me look in. I figure if a Bentayga owner likes these guys' work, I should too. Liked their work so much I took the Spousal Unit's SUV in for a full detail the next week.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T FWD
2,728 Posts
Do you have to do anything to the finish for 5 years?

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
This is becoming a problem as the word “Ceramic” is being thrown around like crazy. Even my car wash applies “ceramic” while washing your vehicle. I am very happy with my Meguires Ultimate wax, it is easy to apply with a cordless random orbital and buffs off with ease with a large microfiber cloth. The secret is to apply a very thin coat as in the end the wax is only microns thick. My truck is garaged at both house and office so it lasts for a long time.

For me waxing has become therapeutic, kinda like mowing a big yard on a riding mower, put the noise suppressing headphones on and enjoy!

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL MSM
10 Posts
This is becoming a problem as the word “Ceramic” is being thrown around like crazy. Even my car wash applies “ceramic” while washing your vehicle. I am very happy with my Meguires Ultimate wax, it is easy to apply with a cordless random orbital and buffs off with ease with a large microfiber cloth. The secret is to apply a very thin coat as in the end the wax is only microns thick. My truck is garaged at both house and office so it lasts for a long time.

For me waxing has become therapeutic, kinda like mowing a big yard on a riding mower, put the noise suppressing headphones on and enjoy!
graphene has since been added to the craze. Regardless of the coating or wax you choose it’s all maintenance. For me that’s the fun part.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
graphene has since been added to the craze. Regardless of the coating or wax you choose it’s all maintenance. For me that’s the fun part. View attachment 428592
You are so correct. If the label does include the new buzz word "Graphene" it will not sell. Mequiar's, Adams Polish, Chemical Guys, Turtle Wax, etc, all carry the DIY product. I won't pay $1,400-2,000 to protect the paint on a vehicle that I will probably sell in 3-5 years. But I have fallen into the trap of using one of these "less expensive" products, just so I feel like I did something to proactive with regard to paint protection.

But I do get the PPF installed on the hood of every vehicle I purchase without fail for around $350 and the front windows tinted for another $100.

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,422 Posts
Looks great. However, it can be done as a DIY if you have the time for under $100. If you needed minor paint correction, then a orbital polisher and compound would add another $175 to the cost. People think it's way more complicated than it really is. You can do a truck in less than 2 hours after you wash it and clay bar it. Great DIY products on the market that will also get you 5 years of protection based on the climate you're in. I do all of my own vehicles and a new silver truck should not need much or any paint correction as it hides most everything well anyway.

·
Vendor
2017+ Honda Ridgelines
225 Posts
If there was a “best” product, there would only be one product, no?
Bester* Product :ROFLMAO:

Looks great. However, it can be done as a DIY if you have the time for under $100. If you needed minor paint correction, then a orbital polisher and compound would add another $175 to the cost. People think it's way more complicated than it really is. You can do a truck in less than 2 hours after you wash it and clay bar it. Great DIY products on the market that will also get you 5 years of protection based on the climate you're in. I do all of my own vehicles and a new silver truck should not need much or any paint correction as it hides most everything well anyway.

Looks like we are heading to your house for all our ceramic needs! Haha. (y);)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts