Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Got the 5 yr coat done today. Looks pretty glossy and very slippery.

oh ya my work mates use to make fun of me when i would get a scratch on a vehicle. they would say oh he’s gonna trade it because he got a scratch. Which is almost true ha ha.

I was just putting a screen protector on the screen but in the process of lifting it back off to reorient it I actually slipped my fingernail under the real screen and peeled the corner up a teeny bit and I can see it and I don’t like it. I do not know if that something that can just be removed and replaced. I need to find out but for now I’ll try not to look at it, ouch. 🤨🤣

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Just waiting for the Tonneau cover and just drive it. 😊

Your truck's looking good. I react the same way to things like that. My RL has a tiny nick in the screen that must have come from the factory that way, or maybe caused by the dealership?? I'm trying to just let it go because life is short and I need to not stress over the small stuff, ha! Had mine ceramic coated too (first time I've ever done that to a vehicle) and man they sure do look great with that coating. Cheers to you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I guess real ceramic coating has a hardness ratings and 9H is probably the best. Regular clear coat paint is 3H
The dealership I purchased my 22 RTL-E offers Auto Butler ceramic coating for $2000, which includes recoating every 6 months (not sure how many years). I couldn't justify that cost, and to be perfectly honest after around 6 months you can tell the coating wasn't doing a good job and it definitely wasn't slick and slippery. So I ended up purchasing a bottle of ceramic coating to redo it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts