Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,584 Posts
Reactions: Jstu Elites LLC

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
My local guy uses the product called Ceramic Pro. I often get swirls from over wiping my vehicles. I believe this will be better. 🤣
Looks like the same quality as the R1 Coatings except that the R1 has slightly better specs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The dealership I purchased my 22 RTL-E offers Auto Butler ceramic coating for $2000, which includes recoating every 6 months (not sure how many years). I couldn't justify that cost, and to be perfectly honest after around 6 months you can tell the coating wasn't doing a good job and it definitely wasn't slick and slippery. So I ended up purchasing a bottle of ceramic coating to redo it.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
The dealership I purchased my 22 RTL-E offers Auto Butler ceramic coating for $2000, which includes recoating every 6 months (not sure how many years). I couldn't justify that cost, and to be perfectly honest after around 6 months you can tell the coating wasn't doing a good job and it definitely wasn't slick and slippery. So I ended up purchasing a bottle of ceramic coating to redo it.
When anyone offers you a coating that needs to be reapplied every 6 months to a year...you know it's a SCAM!!!

Reactions: john brown

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Check out Pan the Organizer on you tube. He's got hours of great detailing info and product recommendations.
He is knowledgeable, but I hate the way he talks! There are far better detailers on YT to watch IMPO.

Reactions: ObsidianRidge

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have to do anything to the finish for 5 years?
I also had ceramic coating put on my 22 Radiant Red. It cost $1,000 and had a 5 year warranty. The product they used was Xpel Fusion. He also gave me a spray bottle of Xpel R1390 Ceramic Boost which I apply every 4-6 weeks. Easy to use - after washing just spray on one panel at a time and wipe off with a micro fiber cloth. Takes 10 minutes to do the entire truck. The finish is great without it, but it does freshen up the shine and I think the original application will last even longer. Very happy with XPEL Fusion so far - original was applied 6 months ago.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I also had ceramic coating put on my 22 Radiant Red. It cost $1,000 and had a 5 year warranty. The product they used was Xpel Fusion. He also gave me a spray bottle of Xpel R1390 Ceramic Boost which I apply every 4-6 weeks. Easy to use - after washing just spray on one panel at a time and wipe off with a micro fiber cloth. Takes 10 minutes to do the entire truck. The finish is great without it, but it does freshen up the shine and I think the original application will last even longer. Very happy with XPEL Fusion so far - original was applied 6 months ago.
Xpel is a very solid product. Enjoy the truck!

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I have the same truck as the OP. Mine also has ceramic coating from the dealer. It looks good but I would not have payed for it. It was part of the Ben Dover package.
If it was given to you by the dealer, you do not have a true ceramic coating ;) They call $hit whatever they want and put an outrageous price on it, but it is not ceramic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2019 Ridgeline that I bought new. I live in Lakeside Ca and the temperature is always hot in the summer. I've tried different polishes and waxes, but I do like the F11 products. I bought their ceramic coating which has a five year warranty. I applied it myself following their directions an I'm 76 and it took me about six hours The cost of the product was approximately $200.00. The truck looks good, I never use water to wash it, I use D3 detailer to clean it every week and it's never been parked in the garage. I got to thinking about removing the coating in the event something needs to be repainted. The answer was you CAN'T REMOVE the coating with chemicals, it has to be SANDED off. Don't let some of these scam detailers leed you on. Ask questions about how it goes on and how to get it off. The $200.00 I paid to apply the coating myself is dirt cheap compared to the 1000-2000 dollars some people charge.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I have a 2019 Ridgeline that I bought new. I live in Lakeside Ca and the temperature is always hot in the summer. I've tried different polishes and waxes, but I do like the F11 products. I bought their ceramic coating which has a five year warranty. I applied it myself following their directions an I'm 76 and it took me about six hours The cost of the product was approximately $200.00. The truck looks good, I never use water to wash it, I use D3 detailer to clean it every week and it's never been parked in the garage. I got to thinking about removing the coating in the event something needs to be repainted. The answer was you CAN'T REMOVE the coating with chemicals, it has to be SANDED off. Don't let some of these scam detailers leed you on. Ask questions about how it goes on and how to get it off. The $200.00 I paid to apply the coating myself is dirt cheap compared to the 1000-2000 dollars some people charge.
Yep...just like I stated above.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
That's pretty amazing. You know about every dealer sold ceramic coating at every Honda dealer in the United States. How in the World did you find the time to go to each one and see which shop did the ceramic coating and how good it is. Or is this just conjecture on your part.
OK smart @$$...because my RL is my 45th vehicle and I grew up with kids whose Dad's owned multiple car dealerships from Porsche to Hyundai. Throughout my life...up to today...I have very good knowledge and insight about what dealers are doing and selling in several states across the country. Most all of it is a huge RIP off. There are dealers here that charge $799 for "Paint Protection" stating it's "ceramic" which is nothing more than a spay on "ceramic" product that cost less that $30 a bottle and takes less than 15-30 to put it on. No dealer is going to give away a $1400 ceramic job for free. If the prep alone was $400, that would mean they spent, at a minimum, several hours on paint correction which, most all dealers don't know how to do, do well, or end up doing it at all. Believe what you will, but I stand behind what I say and always do mine myself so I know what was used and that is was done 100X better than most $15/hour "detailers" will do. I also invested in the proper tools to do it professionally.

If you're interested...I can sell you fabric protection...undercoating...wheel protection...glass protection...etc. Like a dealer, it costs less then 1/10 of what they'll sell it to you for, but I promise...I'll give you a great deal just like your dealer would😂

Enjoy your truck and, as a newbie, try to learn something on this forum ;)

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
21 - 40 of 67 Posts