Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,656 Posts
SG It's really simple. The ceramic finish was on the truck already when I bought it. It was the truck I wanted and the only one I could find within 300 miles so I bought it. I appreciate your concern but I really don't have any more time for this. Go ahead and and get the last word in so you can get your post count up and close this thing out.
I totally get it my friend. What you are missing is that many comments are directed at those that can learn from it and not necessarily you. Get my post count up...you're a funny guy:ROFLMAO: That's one thing that's never on my mind when I comment...just trying to help people...period! If it was already on the truck you wanted, and it's the one you could find, then we all do what we do to get what we want price independent. For those that are buying where it is NOT already included, DON'T DO IT! That's all I'm saying and the root of my messages. Even I have over paid for something I really wanted that was in short supply. Not trying to get you in a tiff my friend...just trying to educate others and not all is directed at you even though you're quoted in a post ;)

As I've stated, enjoy your truck and I hope you remain happy with your purchase. I am coming up on a year in early December and have had no issues and no regrets:)

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
SG
Do ceramic coatings prevent the light scratches that appear over time like in the door handle cups and such, especially on a black like you have which i really like myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will certainly help. But the best protection is PPF for door handle cups. You can easily do it yourself and buy the product on Amazon. I do PPF door cups on all my cars as soon as I bring them home.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Well, Im convinced and absolutely will be following your advice when I finally pull the trigger and get a new RL.
You can always PM me too and we can chat via phone. Happy to help you anyway I can my friend!

Reactions: DockingPilot

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL MSM
16 Posts
You are so correct. If the label does include the new buzz word "Graphene" it will not sell. Mequiar's, Adams Polish, Chemical Guys, Turtle Wax, etc, all carry the DIY product. I won't pay $1,400-2,000 to protect the paint on a vehicle that I will probably sell in 3-5 years. But I have fallen into the trap of using one of these "less expensive" products, just so I feel like I did something to proactive with regard to paint protection.

But I do get the PPF installed on the hood of every vehicle I purchase without fail for around $350 and the front windows tinted for another $100.
I agree it can be done for cheap but not everyone will learn the process. For me I just go after longevity with whatever product I’m using to make my ability to air dry a thing. I more or less see it as how do I get the truck set up for quick washes with minimal contact.
then I found the golden ticket product of a touch less wash.Game was changed

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,830 Posts
I agree it can be done for cheap but not everyone will learn the process. For me I just go after longevity with whatever product I’m using to make my ability to air dry a thing. I more or less see it as how do I get the truck set up for quick washes with minimal contact.
then I found the golden ticket product of a touch less wash.Game was changed
I have never even seen a touchless CarWash, let alone use one. As I understand it though the chemicals used are pretty harsh.

I just got finished washing, claybarring, waxing, and putting a ceramic coating on our new Sportage. It looks good and I am happy with the result.

Thank you, @securityguy for the suggestions.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle Land vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: securityguy
61 - 67 of 67 Posts