Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda,

Please change the window lock so that when it's activated, the DRIVER can STILL control the windows. This is the way it works in every other car I've driven.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Ruffles said:
Honda,

Please change the window lock so that when it's activated, the DRIVER can STILL control the windows. This is the way it works in every other car I've driven.

Thanks!
My wife's Accord and Dad's Pilot work the same as the Ridgeline. Only the driver's window will go up/down while locked. Of course, the auto up/down from the fob/door lock still work all windows.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my first Honda so I don't know how they did it in previous models. I've been in many other cars however where locking the windows still allowed the driver to have full control. It just prevented the passangers from messing with them. This is what I would like.

If I don't keep mine locked, the kids drive me nuts opening and closeing them but when they are locked, I have to unlock them to open the slider etc.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Ruffles said:
This is my first Honda so I don't know how they did it in previous models. I've been in many other cars however where locking the windows still allowed the driver to have full control. It just prevented the passangers from messing with them. This is what I would like.

If I don't keep mine locked, the kids drive me nuts opening and closeing them but when they are locked, I have to unlock them to open the slider etc.
I agree that I would prefer it to work this way. I've just never seen it work that way. Everything I've owned other than Honda had manual windows, except for the F150, but you couldn't lock the windows on it (I guess because only the front windows were power).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I hadn't even noticed that things worked this way. This should go into the things you didn't know about your Ridgeline thread. I usually do this when I have some annoying relative playing with buttons in the back seats while I have AC on. This is a rather interesting thing, I guess I am used to domestic vehicles and Subarus where I can still operate the windows when I have it on lock just the passengers can't. I think in the Subaru the only thing that got locked was the rear windows, I think that the front seat passenger still had control of their window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts