Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping this is just a battery issue.
Changed all the interior, cargo, license plate & reverse lights to LEDs (Amazon) and now my truck won't start. Just clicking sounds and vibrating speedo/tack needles.
Anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I'm betting that having the doors open while you were changing all those bulbs drained your battery. Hopefully, charing the battery will be sufficient, but your battery might be kaput.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Agree. Sounds like a dead battery that was probably weak before being drained by the open doors (and possibly listening to the radio as you worked)

Chip H.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, a few weeks ago, the dealer sent my truck to a body shop, to try to locate a water leak (whole other story). When I picked it, up I noticed that the radio clock was off and my preset stations were gone. In the past, whenever I had sent a vehicle to a body shop, it came back with a dead battery. I'm pretty sure they listen to your radio without the vehicle running. I'll find out in a couple hours, when my wife gets home and I can attempt to jump it. My truck is a 2013 with less than 9000kms.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It sounds like it is our battery, it might be a bad battery if it happens that often, I had the same Problem with the battery and the LEDs use less power which I have done.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
To add to your problem, if you don't drive far with it or very small trips recently, your battery may not get a chance to fully charge itself while driving before you shut off. Only you would know.

Good luck.

J

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To add to your problem, if you don't drive far with it or very small trips recently, your battery may not get a chance to fully charge itself while driving before you shut off. Only you would know.

Good luck.

J
Also true.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Another battery vote. Your sig doesn't say, but most places in the north and east are having horrid winter weather. You mentioned 9000kms so I'm thinking Canada. If that battery is OEM, it is about 3 years old now...and due for a replacement most likely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, I'm Canadian. Fortunately, I live on the west coast, so the weather isn't that bad. Today was a sunny 10 C/50 F. Quite nice actually.
Jump started the truck after my wife got home and went for a 20 min ride on the highway. Seems fine, for now. I'm going to borrow a charger off a friend tomorrow. Hopefully this solves the problem. If not, I'll have to take it back to the dealer and have it replaced. For the record, it took around 45mins to replace all the bulbs and I didn't have the stereo on. A decent battery should have be able to handle this.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,586 Posts
Get yourself a quality jump starter and you won't have to wait for another vehicle to jumpstart your vehicle.

Costco carries one that I bought for the Pilot. I bought one from Amazon (JNC660) for my RL. I keep them in the vehicle nearly all the time. I've been amazed at how useful they've turned out to be. And not to jump my own vehicles... yet. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts