Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to change the color of my emblems to matchy silver paint or possibly black it out. What's the best way to go about this?

Side notes - blacking out muffler tips? Yay or nay?

·
Registered
2018 RTL: Lamin-X film, LOMAX Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock w/Manual Handle
17 Posts
The easiest and most noncommittal method would be to use Plastidip. Plastidip will last a few years and even survive trips to the automatic carwash. The same company has a new product called Hyperdip, but I cannot comment on that item since I have not tried it (yet).

Alternatively, you could cover the badges with vinyl, which is what quite a few people are doing lately to “black out” chrome on cars and trucks, but it looks like it would be a time-consuming process.

Personally, I like a “cleaner” look so I debadged my car (’04 Acura TSX) and my Ridgeline, leaving just the manufacture badges.

Reactions: egbhfb and DanJ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The easiest and most noncommittal method would be to use Plastidip. Plastidip will last a few years and even survive trips to the automatic carwash. The same company has a new product called Hyperdip, but I cannot comment on that item since I have not tried it (yet).

Alternatively, you could cover the badges with vinyl, which is what quite a few people are doing lately to “black out” chrome on cars and trucks, but it looks like it would be a time-consuming process.

Personally, I like a “cleaner” look so I debadged my car (’04 Acura TSX) and my Ridgeline, leaving just the manufacture badges. View attachment 410382
Nice!

·
Registered
2018 RTL: Lamin-X film, LOMAX Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock w/Manual Handle
17 Posts
I did say “noncommittal” right? ;)

But when you ARE ready to commit, I’d say buy the badges like zroger suggests. I plan to buy a black “H” at some point...after testing out the look with Plastidip first.

The easiest, best-looking, and most durable solution is to buy genuine Honda gloss black emblems.

H and RIDGELINE
08F20-T6Z-100

SPORT
08F20-TVA-100C

AWD
08F20-TGS-100A

BLACK EDITION
08F20-TG7-100G

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like to change the color of my emblems to matchy silver paint or possibly black it out. What's the best way to go about this?

Side notes - blacking out muffler tips? Yay or nay? View attachment 410381
College Hills Honda their website you can get all black logos and emblems, kinda sucks tho, 'cuz they don't deliver to Canada. I have a white '19. I had got the white tailgate handle with the lock 'n key but it just quite don't match the rest of my Ridge and is annoying, so I just ordered a black one. Parts guy thinks I am nuts to put on the black handle but whatever. I wish I could get those black logos and emblems tho unreal man! Getting OEM size Continental AT rubber slapped on, too - appointment's in 2 weeks! I'm also considering getting all black door handles, instead of white but they total $400! I could probably sell my white ones for a good buck as a lot of people with the chrome handles on the higher trims wish they has matching colour door handles. I'd leave the exhaust man as it is real metal. Please lemme know if you get the stuff from College Hills. Maybe you can get 'em and deliver them to me!? Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
These may be an option for you.

Gloss Black ABS Door Handle Covers 10Pc Fits Honda 2017-2020 DH6230BLK – QAA USA, Inc.

College Hills Honda their website you can get all black logos and emblems, kinda sucks tho, 'cuz they don't deliver to Canada. I have a white '19. I had got the white tailgate handle with the lock 'n key but it just quite don't match the rest of my Ridge and is annoying, so I just ordered a black one. Parts guy thinks I am nuts to put on the black handle but whatever. I wish I could get those black logos and emblems tho unreal man! Getting OEM size Continental AT rubber slapped on, too - appointment's in 2 weeks! I'm also considering getting all black door handles, instead of white but they total $400! I could probably sell my white ones for a good buck as a lot of people with the chrome handles on the higher trims wish they has matching colour door handles. I'd leave the exhaust man as it is real metal. Please lemme know if you get the stuff from College Hills. Maybe you can get 'em and deliver them to me!? Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll look I to this thanks!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I plasti-dipped mine and they honestly turned out way better than I imagined they would. It is a bit of a time consuming job however, so if you do it, do on a day when you plan to not go anywhere. It is said to wait an hour or two for drying time after your 6 to 8 coats. I left mine overnight to dry and peeled the following morning.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The easiest, best-looking, and most durable solution is to buy genuine Honda gloss black emblems.

H and RIDGELINE
08F20-T6Z-100

SPORT
08F20-TVA-100C

AWD
08F20-TGS-100A

BLACK EDITION
08F20-TG7-100G
I just order the gloss Black Black emblems and even added gloss black BLACK EDITION emblem that the Pilot has .
putting them on my 2021 white BE.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I shouldn't be amazed at the price on those OEM black emblems, but EXPLETIVE, $50 for the H and Ridgeline. I wonder what the margins are on that.
I do like the debadged look. As the H is pinned, I think I'd favor the H in black and remove the rest.

As for the exhaust tip question, my preference would be leave the tips chrome and only black them out at a later date if they start to look shabby.

·
Registered
‘21 White, BE
95 Posts
I shouldn't be amazed at the price on those OEM black emblems, but EXPLETIVE, $50 for the H and Ridgeline. I wonder what the margins are on that.
I do like the debadged look. As the H is pinned, I think I'd favor the H in black and remove the rest.

As for the exhaust tip question, my preference would be leave the tips chrome and only black them out at a later date if they start to look shabby.

I’m thinking along the same lines. Just do the H” on my White Black Edition. On my ‘19 RTL, I wrapped it in matte black and deleted the other badges

1 - 20 of 45 Posts