Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
Have you gotten around to putting your black emblems on yet? I too would be interested in seeing what the black emblems look like on white 馃憤馃徎
Picking up my Ridgeline this Thursday or Friday. I take pictures and post. Dealerships spouse to put them on before I take delivery.

Registered
D
Picking up my Ridgeline this Thursday or Friday. I take pictures and post. Dealerships spouse to put them on before I take delivery.
ea
so dealership call Thursday morning saying need my credit card number 1st to order accessories ( black emblems and Jsport leveling kit) before they can put on truck. So they are just ordering the stuff today 馃槨 . I said why didn鈥檛 you order the stuff last week when I was waiting for truck in transit to arrive. Then could put stuff on immediately.
He said as long as we take delivery by Wednesday we be ok. That all that he cared for. If incentives going Chang April 1st I should just wait until then.

Registered
I picked up my white 21 BE and was disappointed in the chrome badging on the tailgate.
I quickly ordered black badging and added the 鈥淏lack Edition鈥 emblem, from a 21 Pilot.
30 minutes later...
Auto

View attachment 411183
Do same on my 2021 white pearl black edition. But putting BLACK EDITION emblem above the AWD like on Honda Pilot and Ridgeline put "Sport " above AWD also.
Also thinking now to get black exhaust tips馃槏

Registered
Do same on my 2021 white pearl black edition. But putting BLACK EDITION emblem above the AWD like on Honda Pilot and Ridgeline put "Sport " above AWD also.
Where would one get black exhaust tips that don鈥檛 look like cheap aftermarket?

Registered
Where would one get black exhaust tips that don鈥檛 look like cheap aftermarket?
Go to your local muffler shop and they can get them and install. Or google it and buy yourself and have a shop instal them.
I probably check into it next week. I think it would look awsome. I post information if I do it.

Registered
Post some pics when you get the emblems done. I looked at the Pilot layout for the right side but didn鈥檛 like the flow. I want to see how yours comes out.
Removal hint... use a hair dryer to WARM up the old emblems, they peel off easily. It doesn鈥檛 take much heat. No need for the string method.
Auto

Registered
Post some pics when you get the emblems done. I looked at the Pilot layout for the right side but didn鈥檛 like the flow. I want to see how yours comes out.
Removal hint... use a hair dryer to WARM up the old emblems, they peel off easily. It doesn鈥檛 take much heat. No need for the string method.
Auto
The dealership spouse to put mine on . I told them above the AWD emblem.
waiting for my JSPORT leveling kit to come in and they install. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday pick my truck up.

Registered
Auto
Still waiting for Jsport leveling kit to reach Massachusetts dealership from California 馃槩.So stop in anyway to see truck. They had the HPD badge on tailgate. They couldn鈥檛 find on there website where BLACK EDITION emblem goes. I told them because it only on the Pilot. So put it right above AWD Emblem. So they do that later while waiting for leveling kit. More pictures to come when take delivery. Hopefully by end of week.

Registered
2019 RTL
I've now "fixed" my chrome 'H' emblems. Originally I wrapped them in film (matt smoke), but although they looked good, I couldn't get the film to adhere correctly to the extreme side edges (which are about 30 thou' thick) and it lifted slightly. So then I went the plasti-dip route, but wasn't overly keen on the finish.

I then removed the plasti-dip and sprayed them body colored (a few coats of spot primer followed by an all-in-one base/clear coat). Here's tailgate one dry-fitted. I'll fit it properly later today (not the best photo - contrast is lost by the poor light and exhaust vapor - but gives you an idea).

Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
I've now "fixed" my chrome 'H' emblems. Originally I wrapped them in film (matt smoke), but although they looked good, I couldn't get the film to adhere correctly to the extreme side edges (which are about 30 thou' thick) and it lifted slightly. So then I went the plasti-dip route, but wasn't overly keen on the finish.

I then removed the plasti-dip and sprayed them body colored (a few coats of spot primer followed by an all-in-one base/clear coat). Here's tailgate one dry-fitted. I'll fit it properly later today (not the best photo - contrast is lost by the poor light and exhaust vapor - but gives you an idea).

View attachment 411844
What did you use for the body color paint? I was thinking about doing Plasti-Dip primer, then body color paint on top of that.

Registered
2019 RTL
What did you use for the body color paint? I was thinking about doing Plasti-Dip primer, then body color paint on top of that.
I just ordered a rattle can. It's a combined base/1K clear coat, but you can also buy it as base coat only. You can get it from third party sellers on Amazon or eBay. I went with the seller "Jeff's Paint" and it seems a very good quality and color match. If you get the primer down well, there should be no issue.

Registered
These all look nice. Wanting to change to black emblems on my Black Edition. Any good tips on removing the old emblems or do they pull off easily?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts