Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a trip from Fl to NC noticed the VLT. on my scanguage drop from 14 to12.8 when i turned the A/C off. Turned it back on VLT. jumped back to 14. any input would help!!!!!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
On a trip from Fl to NC noticed the VLT. on my scanguage drop from 14 to12.8 when i turned the A/C off. Turned it back on VLT. jumped back to 14. any input would help!!!!!
Check your A/C relays.... weak link on our RLs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your A/C relays.... weak link on our RLs.
If my readings were reversed I could see the relay being a issue. How ever when I turn OFF the A/C the voltage DROPS to 12.8. When I turn the A/C ON the Voltage RISES to 14. All relays are operating fine as is the A/C don't get when I turn OFF a load the voltage DROPS when it should rise.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
If my readings were reversed I could see the relay being a issue. How ever when I turn OFF the A/C the voltage DROPS to 12.8. When I turn the A/C ON the Voltage RISES to 14. All relays are operating fine as is the A/C don't get when I turn OFF a load the voltage DROPS when it should rise.
..... if a relay is "bad", you can't apply typical expectations. It could be functioning "wrong" but still "working" so to speak. Bad doesn't always mean dead. I'd individually pull the relays & A/C fuse(s) and see if you still have the low voltage (all w/ A/C off). (I'm no expert, but that's what I'd be trying first)
That should also isolate the A/C system to verify if the problem is anywhere within that system at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts