Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my first week of owning my 2017 Ridgeline RTS I'm very happy.
Here's a couple of ideas I came up with for the budget minded. I liked the idea of the OEM dividers for the trunk to keep things from sliding around but I was flabbergasted that my dealer was asking "$85 installed" for three pieces of plastic that simply snap into place! I cut to fit high end black shelf liner for traction and found out that milk crates fit perfectly three across. I also noticed that the jack wobbles quite noisily even when the strap is fully tightened so I used a bit of foam puzzle mat tucked under each end easily solved this. I also liked the OEM rear under-seat storage but again was not going to pay $135 for a Tupperware black rectangle. I was at Target and found these small storage bins fit exactly 4 across for $3 each.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
That reminds me about the jack...have been wanting to put something soft underneath it - you just cannot cinch that strap down enough. Didn't think about fitting a crate in the trunk area...I have one just sitting in the bed. Good ideas.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bought some bins at the Wal-Mart auto department that fit in the trunk perfectly. Three will fit nicely. MRCLAM: A folded micro fiber cloth fits nicely under the jack. Stops any rattly from the loose fitting strap.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Since the tracks are already there where the dividers snap into place I asked my husband to make dividers. He said no problem. This request was made today so I can't say what material he is planning on using. I would imagine wood but really he is far more creative than I am.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Since the tracks are already there where the dividers snap into place I asked my husband to make dividers. He said no problem. This request was made today so I can't say what material he is planning on using. I would imagine wood but really he is far more creative than I am.
He may want to consider cutting (HDPE) boards. Get em almost anywhere, various sizes and colors (black). Waterproof, light, won't warp, and will outlast the truck. :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts