Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't think to do this myself but when I got home I found the dealer forgot to program one of the keys. The key itself works fine just the remote buttons have no effect. Pretty easy fix though:

Put the key in and turn to ON (II) position and press the lock button and then turn to Off position. This must be done within 4 seconds. Do this step 4 times and on the last cycle you should hear the door lock lock finally. At this point you also have to grab the other key and hit it's lock button too but you don't need to do those above steps for it or have it in the ignition. I guess it changes the code and needs to write the new one to both keys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the heads up i'll check mine tonight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
vertrkr said:
Didn't think to do this myself but when I got home I found the dealer forgot to program one of the keys. The key itself works fine just the remote buttons have no effect. Pretty easy fix though:

Put the key in and turn to ON (II) position and press the lock button and then turn to Off position. This must be done within 4 seconds. Do this step 4 times and on the last cycle you should hear the door lock lock finally. At this point you also have to grab the other key and hit it's lock button too but you don't need to do those above steps for it or have it in the ignition. I guess it changes the code and needs to write the new one to both keys.
Take the lead and create the customer acceptance checklist :) You can re-use mine, too !

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alexmish said:
Take the lead and create the customer acceptance checklist :) You can re-use mine, too !
Hehe, I just don't know if I have the zeal. I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment being dedicated to both Odyclub and this forum and of course my 1 & 3 year old, wife, Ridgeline and damaged Touring. Although I'll probably do it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts