Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had purchased wheel flares along with many other items for the RL.
The salesman had jotted down pricing for all items on a scratch paper and I had agreed on them.
Months later with having (4 ) full sets of wheel flares installed, some installed wrong, and the last set with cosmetic issues, Honda decided to refund my money.
I had agreed on $500.00 for the flares as thats what was proposed to me.
The check arrived in the mail yesterday for $830.00?
Bottom line... I should have learned after years of auto buying..... :confused:
spend as much time as needed on your contract when signing the many dotted lines and bring your own calculater! Do not take a sales persons word for what your buying! Congrats to My sales person!! He did his job... hope he is enjoying his summer vacation :cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm missing something here. You agreed on $500.00 and Honda sent you a check for $830.00. Seems to me you are ahead and you should be on vacation.

Tiger

·
Registered
460 Posts
i think theridgester is saying that he agreed verbally for 500 charge but since honda sent back 830 then that was what was actually charged him on his contract and he didn't catch it. he is assuming that honda went by the contracted amount. the 500 he agreed on was with the dealer not honda.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Those that have not learned then this should teach us all a good leason. Write down everything and read everything before signing up. Especially if it pertains to money.

Tiger

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tiger said:
I'm missing something here. You agreed on $500.00 and Honda sent you a check for $830.00. Seems to me you are ahead and you should be on vacation.

Tiger
I did pay the $830... but was under the impression I paid $500. When I went into the finance office, I was in a hurry to get out as I was at the dealer way to long making the deal & did not check the numbers as I should have. I just kept signing where the guy said to sign.

The good news... Honda could have sent a check for $500 & I would have been Happy and not known the difference that I actually paid more. At least they are honest :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts