Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This nightmare started 2 days ago, all of the sudden, both lights came on while i was driving in the morning to be honest I got scared so I turned off the car the vtm light went off but check engine remained on, and after of 5-30 min of driving vtm light comes back on, and this cycle keeps coming back, regarding the driving feel with those 2 lights on its that I feel my truck heavier.
I already had the computer scaned and the code that I got its p0172 something about the o2 sensor.
Thing is that ive done a lot of research and theres 2 main "possible" solutions, egr valve replacement and exhaust valves adjustment, my mechanic says that its the 02 sensor but that doesnt make any sense to me why would the vtm light turn on if its an 02 sensor?
(Its a 2007 with 80k milles on it, spark plugs engine oil/filter and air filter already replaced 1 month ago)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same issue. Going in Monday for further analysis. When the engine isn't generating enough power, it can't power the VTM, so you get both lights. Once the power is up, the VTM gets power and the light goes off. Several threads in the forum about just this problem

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have had same issues for a year??? Everytime I fill the gas tank after a few miles both lights come on. After driving and turning engine off and on they will go away. It is the sensors. Very common thing just like the 02 oxygen sensors going out. Pain to have them come on but don't believe it is anything that will cause a problem. I'll get them replaced sometime when I am not using the PU. I had same reaction first time they both came on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok so you actually get the check engine light turned off when you turn off the truck?
I can tell that a lot of ppl has this issue, but no long therm fix for this

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Have had same issues for a year??? Everytime I fill the gas tank after a few miles both lights come on. After driving and turning engine off and on they will go away. It is the sensors. Very common thing just like the 02 oxygen sensors going out.
So what sensor is it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts