Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
OK wow I am back. Same thing happened again was 2 hours on highway in my 2019 pulled off started driving at lower speeds and bang engine light went on and started chugging. Pulled over shut off for 2 minutes started again fine no problems. Took to the dealer and they said no codes. Is this happening to more people? Nothing I can do if I cant reproduce and car has been great besides this no issues.
Yes. It happened to my 2021 with less than 6k miles twice during long trips. Both times were at low speed coming out of a right-hand turn. Took to dealer after first incident and they found no codes. Will be taking it back in soon.

· Registered
13 Posts
My 21 BE has joined the ranks of flashing CEL. Drove about 4 hours with about 5 minutes of idle at the half way point. Temp was around 10 degrees. Got off the highway and at the top of the ramp, as I accelerated through the intersection, the CEL started flashing and engine wouldn’t go over 35 mph. I immediately pulled over and shut it down. Waited two minutes, pressed start, and engine started, light went off, and I drove the remaining 3 miles home without issue.

1/3/22 Update- scheduled service tomorrow to check it out. Will see what they come up with....
It has happened to my 2021 as well. Twice. Coming out of a right-hand turn at low speeds after highway driving.

· Registered
13 Posts
Happened to me twice on long trips. Both times when accelerating from low speed and making a right-hand turn. Took to Honda both times and both times no code was saved. Dealer has ordered new control rocker arms per Honda's recommendation but not due in for 2 MONTHS! Had I not taken this vehicle on long trips in cold weather I doubt I would have ever known there was a problem. Service manager at dealer said that Honda still hasn't made a determination as to the root of the cause but they are making progress, whatever that means. Well, Wisconsin's lemon law gives them 2 more opportunities in this 12 month time period before they owe me a new vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts